Close

Thread: Painted GT3s

Painted GT3s

i almost bought some rotas before i got my current wheels. i love my wheels but still have a thing for the GT3s lol.
    latley the painted ones have been catching my attention. greens are the ones i see most.
    anyone have or seen painted GT3s out there? i would love to see all the different ones out there. all colors are welcome!
    (pics please!)

Lol so u like them gt3s huh. I've owned like 3 sets of them. Lmao Had some black ones on my silver ek coupe n then a red set on my vbp ep, then sold those n got some in black. Haha U can check out my avatar. Ill post some actual pics of the wheels 2moro alrite buddy.

A guy with a white EP came into the shop about a month ago and just had his rota grids painted House Of Kolor Blurple!

They looked sick!

Next time he comes in I'll take pics since he needs buff work done almost monthly...lol

why do people like the GT3s? is it because they look like the eg base model wheels?

It's because they look like Gabs.

I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    why do people like the GT3s? is it because they look like the eg base model wheels?
    its a personal prefference... im sure theres things others question that you may like. different strokes... but they are a pretty popular wheel, they go well with alot of different cars/body styles and look good in about any color (again, taste pending).
    i like the simplicity of the wheel and the "loudness" that could be had by say, painting them green. a simple wheel thats green isnt so plain anymore...

Colors that I've been tossing around for my GT3's (on my EG) - Candy Metallic Teal, Candy Metallic Green, Candy Metallic Red, Flat Anodized Red, Flat Anodized Green
    I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    its a personal prefference... im sure theres things others question that you may like. different strokes... but they are a pretty popular wheel, they go well with alot of different cars/body styles and look good in about any color (again, taste pending).
    i like the simplicity of the wheel and the "loudness" that could be had by say, painting them green. a simple wheel thats green isnt so plain anymore...
    I agree!

I've painted a lot of wheels in the past few years and the colors people pick seem odd at first but when they get slapped on i'd have to say it takes a basic wheel and turns into something unique.

I know to some people that sounds stupid but like i said in a prior post on this thread a guy that is a regular at my shop has a white EP and at first i hated it but he has alot of Blurple accented parts on his car and it has definitely grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    Sometimes I wonder that too, despite knowing they're Gab replicas.

besides the fact tht there everywher there a simple rim. look cleannn as hell wen rocked rite. some ppl look for exotic rare rims thinkin there cool but in reality look ugly as phuck. uggh

Well I believe he asked for pix so here r mine.

Black/polish lip

Gold/polish lip

Flat black

Hunter green

Baby Blue

Hyper-silver

These have been my ddriven wheels n had them for 4yrs. Right now they being painted metallic blue, let's see how that goes..

I hope this help out..
    Last edited by monjarassi; 01-06-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Well I believe he asked for pix so here r mine.

Black/polish lip

Gold/polish lip

Flat black

Hunter green

Baby Blue

Hyper-silver

These have been my ddriven wheels n had them for 4yrs. Right now they being painted metallic blue, let's see how that goes..

I hope this help out..
    dude your car is sick...
    you basically have every color covered! lucky you rolling black too. black looks good with everything.

I kno rite. monjarassi I put my hands dwn to u sir. those gt3s look hella tight. the green baby blue, and hyper silver look dope. I have gotten tht many colors yet.

I've had red w/polished lip, then black w/polished lip and now silver with polished lip. jus repainted my whole car vbp with matching mugen wing so looks really really clean. two thumbs up!! bump lmao.

looks nice with the green rims.

Thread Information