Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by rolldogK20 View Post
    I just grouded mine to the chaisis and it works fine i didnt feel like tracining or running a wire to the ebrake.
    What head unit do you have? I heard this works for some and not for others. That is what I tried initially and it didn't resolve the issue which is where the small switch came in. I def don't want to run a wire to the ebrake either :)

Quote Originally Posted by blue2turbo View Post
    I actually just purchased the Metra kit, it is suppose to be able to be used as a single or double din mounting kit. I am going to be doing the install this week, hopefully I can snap some pictures of how to install and how it looks after. I shopped at this site:

http://www.provantage.com/

I got the last Metra Kit they had in stock and I also picked up a Scosche wiring harness. My total shipped was less then $24 as the harness is only like $4.78 and the mounting kit was $9.xx. If you need the manufacturers part numbers you could google them and see what deals you can fine.

Metra Mounting kit part # 99-7860
    Metra Wiring Harness # 70-1721 (some places said they no longer carry it)
    Scosche Wiring harness # HA08B

Also, if you already have your head unit, you may want to consider putting that model number into ebay and seeing if they have any relay's that automatically bypass the video lockout so that you don't have to install a momentary switch or wire to ebrake. I am installing mine so my gf can watch movies on our road trips but I do believe video playback in the front of a vehicle is illegal and you can get ticketed for it... so I guess that is at your own risk.
    So how did the install turn out? Dash kit look good?
    Post up some pics so we know what that kit will look like!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    So how did the install turn out? Dash kit look good?
    Post up some pics so we know what that kit will look like!
    Install went great, when I switch sources to video it gives me the warning statement and all I have to do is press ok and it goes to video.

I had the same problem some did with the mounting kit in that it made the bottom right corner stick out slightly, but I may go back and slot the mounting holes slightly so that I can adjust it to make it flush. Overall I'm very happy with it for right now and it sounds 100x better then the stock unit. I will try to snap a picture tonight.

Just ordered the avh-4200 this morning. Been waiting too long for a new stereo, finally pulled the trigger.

ayo blue2, got a couple question about the harness wiring if ya get a chance to PM me.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    ayo blue2, got a couple question about the harness wiring if ya get a chance to PM me.
    Sorry man, didn't even see this. if you still have any questions shoot me a PM. I took pics of mine installed, but I just keep forgetting to upload. I will say though, the corner of mine does stick out, but I may try to adjust that in the next couple weeks.

NP, got it all sorted out. Will need to re-mount the unit later if I want to do it flush and put a false face on there, but it works for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information