Close

ctr headlights with hid's safe?

like title states i am planning on getting some hid's to run in my ctr headlights. I have read before to get the 35W kit but i dont wanna risk ruining my ctr headlights. :( Just wondering if anyone out there has hid's on ctr's... I also wanted to ask what rating to get, i have yellow fogs and i was thinking 6k from ddm tuning. One last question.... Only my main bulb fits in the hole for some reason. the blinkers and city lights dont fit snug to screw on tight. That normal? the previous owner put tape over the city lights for some reason, is there a way to make em work, there is a cable and harness on both sides so am i just missing some piece???
    pics...
    back

The keying is different I do believe, and there is a connector that is different altogether, cant remember, it has been a long time since I put in my CTR hid's(German LHD).

ahh, the upper light is the city light, the hole with the tape is for the leveler i do believe.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The keying is different I do believe, and there is a connector that is different altogether, cant remember, it has been a long time since I put in my CTR hid's(German LHD).

ahh, the upper light is the city light, the hole with the tape is for the leveler i do believe.
    that explains why i can twist them in, didnt wanna break anything since they seem to be vey expensive... The back side picture is upside down tho and i did at one point untape it to see and it was the hole for the city light :(

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    that explains why i can twist them in, didnt wanna break anything since they seem to be vey expensive... The back side picture is upside down tho and i did at one point untape it to see and it was the hole for the city light :(
    That explains the different keying and the different connector altogether. Upside dow threw me for a second. When we had the CTR lights shipped from Germany we also had the city light plug pigtails sent as well
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    That explains the different keying and the different connector altogether. Upside dow threw me for a second. When we had the CTR lights shipped from Germany we also had the city light plug pigtails sent as well
    how about running hid's? too risky to melt the housing?

HIDs will 'burn' at a lower temp than traditional halogen bulbs so i don't think you have to worry about melting the headlight. you should already have the harness/pigtail (somewhere in the engine bay) for the city light to properly connect it. if not you can always buy the pigtail from honda or a junkyard and then splice into the bumper light
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    HIDs will 'burn' at a lower temp than traditional halogen bulbs so i don't think you have to worry about melting the headlight. you should already have the harness/pigtail (somewhere in the engine bay) for the city light to properly connect it. if not you can always buy the pigtail from honda or a junkyard and then splice into the bumper light
    i did notice another harness/pigtail in the engine bay but there is nothing to connect it to... is there a piece i am missing cuz the pig tail has a two pin connection thing ill try to take a picture of it tomorrow

bringing back my thread from the dead lol
    i just wanted to know where i would be able to source some pigtails/harness for my jdm ctr headlights... any help?

Sooo, when you're talking about running HIDs in that housing, I'm assuming you're planning on doing a full projector swap/retrofit, right?
    Because I'd hate to think anyone on EPHatch would think about running HIDs without the proper setup, and risk spitting glare all over the road and annoying other drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Sooo, when you're talking about running HIDs in that housing, I'm assuming you're planning on doing a full projector swap/retrofit, right?
    Because I'd hate to think anyone on EPHatch would think about running HIDs without the proper setup, and risk spitting glare all over the road and annoying other drivers...
    to be honest i actually was considering it, but the bulbs wouldnt be secure since the metal retainer clip would fit cuz of the wires behind the bulb, i have seen it before on oem ones and there was no glare... i was driving in front of him and i checked em out from a block away and nothing...
    Now all i want is to get my citylights working...im missing the socket that attaches to the headlight i have the usdm one and it doesnt fit i need the jdm one but dont know where i could buy one

i ran 8k ebay hid kit on my ctr headlights always got high beamed tho =/...as for the city light and turn signal mine fits just fine

Thread Information