Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Snows.

Time for Snows.

It's NY, it's November.

Still have my cheapy Kelly Snows on my OEM wheels. Still workin great.

The first year I had my EP3, the Summer tires that came with it = stuck in snow. I had to have my brother sit on the hood to get traction up a small hill. I had all-seasons triple Assurance from good year, they were ok, but had a few understeer moments in the snow.

When I got my snows, now I can drive home from work. (35 miles away) And snow can be fun in parking lots now.

Anyone else put on snows yet? Stories? Recommendations?

I've driven my ep through (2) winters.... and let me just say it was an experience that I don't wanna repeat....
    What am I gonna do this winter? leave it in the garage. i got me a truck!

Put my snows on last Sunday. I've got General Altimax Arctic's mounted on my stockies that are on there 2nd season. During the first bad storm I drove through I was actually disappointed with how well they gripped. Not because they were unsafe, they're actually too safe! To have fun with you need to go really fast heh.

i still have some life left on my winter's from last season. I'll check them for rot and mount them up soon.
    Ed~

i have a honda fit i drove last winter here in ny with dunlop (forget the model) snow tires. it worked great, had no problems. even cruised i84 in one of the big storms with no much trouble.

ephatch member
    Waiting for my blizzaks to come in :)

i have the continental extreme winter contacts
    Ed~

i just got me a set of yokohama IG20s. i mounted them on the factory alloys. Got a wicked deal on them. yokohama had 2 promotions going at our dealership and they can be combined, plus i get the tires at cost. so it was a no brainer. they are awesome winter tires too. i had them on my rx8 for 2 winters and that car was great in the ice/snow.

Im planning quite a few northern excursions this year too, so thats why i went all out with the snow tires. Also waiting on rally armor mudflaps to arrive in the mail and ill be ordering some hella 500s or hella 4000 rallye lights. ill run the rally car look in the winter and ill have to see what i can come up with in the summer. haha.

winters are very hit or miss around here. either we get slammed or we get nothing. in the last 3 years we've had 2 crazy years with some serious accumulation by the end and one with virtually nothing. honestly...im hoping for a bit of snow this year. i like the snow. i enjoy dirving in it (when other cars stay off the road at least). i like playing in it, ATVing, snowboarding, etc.

I just had a set of General Altimax Arctic studded arrive this morning and I took them down with the old snows to the garage to swap them over, 205/65/16

I have used the Firestone WinterForce with studs and they were great, the new General Altimax Arctic tires have 8 rows of studs per tire while the Winterforce had only 4. These along with the Quaiffe realy make winter driving loads of fun!
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I just had a set of General Altimax Arctic studded arrive this morning and I took them down with the old snows to the garage to swap them over, 205/65/16

I have used the Firestone WinterForce with studs and they were great, the new General Altimax Arctic tires have 8 rows of studs per tire while the Winterforce had only 4. These along with the Quaiffe realy make winter driving loads of fun!

so jealous. i've always wanted to try studded tires but they arent legal here

Quote Originally Posted by RotaryGreg View Post
    so jealous. i've always wanted to try studded tires but they arent legal here
    You can dig trenchs into the blacktop that are deep as shit....hehehehe

and they just laugh at icey roads!

What I really miss was my old Talon awd in the winter! Studded tires and big power at all 4 corners is awesome!

If you can not use studded tires then the Blizzaks are the only way to go!
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

It's gonna be like 12+ Celsius next week here in Toronto, so I'm still rolling on my summers until it dips down a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by superd16girl View Post
    Waiting for my blizzaks to come in :)
    Loved my Blizzaks when on the last FWD I had. None of that understeer crap, just point and go.

Please tell me those of you putting snow tires on the car actually HAVE snow.. and yes I have a set of blizzacks on factory wheels sitting in the garage.

It's going to be 87 tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information