Close

Thread: Custom Pedals

m0ns00n

Custom Pedals

I'm looking to put in some new pedals. I haven't done this before and all I see on the stock pedals are cheap rubber overlays. No screw/bolt holes.

Will I have to drill mount holes into the pedals? That sounds nasty... anyone have any experience with mounting custom pedals ?

ephatch member
    nah... no drilling on the stock pedals or anything....

when i bought my sparco pedals for my other civic that i had,
    u have the pedal sitting on top of the stock pedal
    and then 2 brackets (kinda like 2 strips of metal about 1/2" wide) that mount behind the aftermarket pedals and wraps behind the stock pedal ... it basically sandwiches the stock pedal when u tighten the screws on the aftermarket one (the screws dont go thru the stock one cuz the aftermarket ones are usually bigger so there's space on the sides for the screw to clear the stock pedals)

m0ns00n
    cheers, I'll give that a go. Sounds a little mickey mouse to have to sandwich stuff together like that but if thats the standard way... Last thing you'd want is for your brake pedal to start flopping around eh? eheh

m0ns00n
    FYI, I installed a set of Razo pedals.

Generally ok (pedas feel great) but for anyone attempting this, one word of warning :

The screws used to install the pedals are very long, and in particular the screws from the (new) clutch pedal were poking into the fabric on the floor. No big deal? wrong... after only one day of driving the screw went THROUGH the fabric and then caught when releasing the cluch making for some dangerous situations.

I personally pulled over and removed the new clutch pedal immediately. If you want to go for it, suggest you CUT the screws short after installation and sand them down.

Hope this helps! If Honda didn't make their pedals so damn far apart I wouldn't have to stick new pedals on for heel and toe action :)

Thread Information