Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    ^ just to add, im sure there not going to scratch advances in K-series tech just because japan wont have a car. im sure the new Si will be called an Si but with powertrain of a CTR.

and for all the people that said a CTR would not sell in the US, lets talk about ITR sales in the US, because there were alot

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    that means we have the last si hatchback woot
    Not necessarily, there may be another since there are already spy shots of the next euro civic hatch, so its not out of the question we wont get one someday, but you are right we probably wont get another unless they do si hatch as well as a coupe and/or sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    ^ just to add, im sure there not going to scratch advances in K-series tech just because japan wont have a car. im sure the new Si will be called an Si but with powertrain of a CTR.

and for all the people that said a CTR would not sell in the US, lets talk about ITR sales in the US, because there were alot
    Absolutely NO WAY IN HELL they would scrap the k series, they use it in a ton of vehicles and its their new dual cam four with millions invested into development. At the end of the day if you have a 200+hp k series with an lsd 6spd transmission, you basically have a type r drivetrain, oh wait, holy shit we already have that...I love the type r ep3 because it was so different when it came out, but at this point the current si is just lacking in suspension, that's about it...we'll get another si for 2012 model and it'll be even faster...calling it an si or type r at this point is a pretty pointless differentiation. I hope honda puts the IMA in the next si...id love electric boost on a 220hp k series, it'll have like 200ft lbs of torque if they did that!
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

ephatch member
    R20 singel cam is the shit these days for cars that need 150hp.. K20a3 is long gone..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_R_engine

4 hp less than a K20a3 and 3nm less than my K20a2... and that is a single cam engine

But i think the 200+hp K series engines will be used for some more years.. but not that long.. Just look at the b series, nissan`s SR20DE both lasted for 12-14 years.. and god know how many versions nissan made of the SR20De engine to fit the diffrent emmisions rules.. And The 200+hp K series can continue to exist becase honda has lots of low hp cars.. All car manufacturers must have certain % of cars thats produces less a than XX amount of co2/km.. honda can handle this.. ferrari can`t..

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    I didnt say scrap the k-series, I meant the advancements in the k-series that have not hit the streets yet, im sure they have the ability to make more stock power.

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

This old news. Strange never the less

Quote Originally Posted by ep3demon View Post
    its no wonder a type r will never come and y would anybody ever want to pay for one. the price of the last gen si is near a base model wrx or ralliart both cars that would shit on a type r in every way possible. i for one will remember the civic for the great little car it was and will always be and it will leave its mark in history for sure. but lets face it honda has gone the way of the pansy. i say no thanks on your mugen body kit fits and hybrid crap cars. my ep is the last honda i will own.
    The FD2 CTR is actually faster around the track than an evo9, Rx7 bathurst, and R34 GTR. Dont post opinionated bullcrap, thats how people get to thinking that kind of crap in the first place.
    Last edited by 27rocks; 11-25-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    I didnt say scrap the k-series, I meant the advancements in the k-series that have not hit the streets yet, im sure they have the ability to make more stock power.
    A-Vtec baby :)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Uhh, fyi the first fit that we got was designed by the same guy as the ep and at the same time in the early 2000s. As a result it was released at the same time as the ep as eell, we just didn't get it until half a decade later...so its not a successor, though I think honda was planning on the fit to replace the segment in the market that the civic traditionally held, move the civic into the accord slot and make the accord bigger and move it up again. Honda of america will still sell the civic stateside and euro honda will still product the hatch is my guess...the article is just stating that honda will no longer sell the civic in japan

Im so tired of people missunderstanding what happened, honda stopped producing the civic type r hatch in europe, they are currently undergoing retooling for the 2012 model civic hatches in europe, so they need to change out the factory for the next model. This means they may still produce a type r hatch again, they just need to get the factory ready. Cars don't magically get built. Plus the type r hatch has sold well in europe, I don't know if why they'd kill it there.

Uhh well in europe the type r has sold very well, so they are interested...

As for the hybrid cars, how bout you go try driving one...the system in the crz gives you added electric boost in the form of about 15hp and 58ftlbs tq...the engine always runs and the car only weighs 2550lbs...the electric motor and small battery do not weigh much...in my oppinion every car should have the honda ima system.

Dammit people understand, well still be getting a new civic and so will europe, just japan wont...
    The crz is wicked fun to drive. Drove it, Love it, want it. its awesome. and fully loaded for 22,100 is what the dealer offered to me. 6 speed spoiler and lips etc.

people need to read the entire article. Just japan market is not getting a civic. everyone else is getting one. Over in japan that fit is huge. supposedly 1.5 million sales over the year.
    be jealous :P

What about replacing the battery? Rumor is you have to replace hybrid batteries every 5 years for a cost of around $3000. Any of that true?

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The EP3 was the last true Si. Honda has a bunch of morons running their US markets, the North American market will never see a top of the heap performance machine.
    Funny. I said Honda had their head up their ass in another thread and got attacked for it. Guess you can't fix stupid. They will not bring the type r over here. Never happen. Enjoy your hybrids? I sure hope so, thats all that Honda will offer in about 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    The crz is wicked fun to drive. Drove it, Love it, want it. its awesome. and fully loaded for 22,100 is what the dealer offered to me. 6 speed spoiler and lips etc.

people need to read the entire article. Just japan market is not getting a civic. everyone else is getting one. Over in japan that fit is huge. supposedly 1.5 million sales over the year.
    Nice, my mother picked up her crz 2 days after they shipped them to dealers...she got the white ex 6spd with no nav...I prefer it without all the body additions...I took her to look at it after driving one the day before just because I wanted to show her what I felt was one of the most impressive cars I've seen this decade, and im serious there, as a car designer iim that impressed with it. A lot of that has to do with the value. Anyway, my mother drove it and said "I have to have this, I've never wanted a car more!" So she traded in her 07 altima for 1k above kbb (she's a media sales executive haha) and got her payments the same as the altima and her insurance went down AND she's saving $100 in gas every month. To me she did it right, plus she's selling it to me when she's done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    What about replacing the battery? Rumor is you have to replace hybrid batteries every 5 years for a cost of around $3000. Any of that true?
    That's old bullshit created by haters. On the old nickel batteries you could expect atleast 10 years on them, a lot of the old insights are just now having that problem, the toyotas are not holding up as well. As for current tech, its lithium ion based so its a much much more advanced technology. Hondas ima hybrid systmem uses a very small battery now, the one in the crz is even smaller, it wouldn't cost too much to replace probably 15 20 years down the road is my guess.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

I've been loving Honda so far. If I had to get rid of this EP I'd probably get a CRZ. Love small cars. CRX was my favorite.

I've been loving Honda so far. If I had to get rid of this EP I'd probably get a CRZ. Love small cars. CRX was my favorite.
    When we got the car my mother punched it off the light (and she knows how to drive) and my ep was barely pulling on it, and it pulled with my friends rav 4 swapped scion tc through 3rd and most of 4th and my ep keeps even with that tc in any gear...so it isn't slow at all, handles well too
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    When we got the car my mother punched it off the light (and she knows how to drive) and my ep was barely pulling on it, and it pulled with my friends rav 4 swapped scion tc through 3rd and most of 4th and my ep keeps even with that tc in any gear...so it isn't slow at all, handles well too
    Did you read his comment? Just wondering.. because he didnt say anything about it being slow. I dont get why nobody reads peoples posts..ora t least glance at them..and some how threads go past 5 pages with people getting mad at something that was never said or talking about something that has no relation... I dont get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Tokin_Buds View Post
    Did you read his comment? Just wondering.. because he didnt say anything about it being slow. I dont get why nobody reads peoples posts..ora t least glance at them..and some how threads go past 5 pages with people getting mad at something that was never said or talking about something that has no relation... I dont get it..
    i dont get why you are getting out of shape...i was making a point that it wasnt slow, as a reinforcement to his post about how he felt about the crz. im guessing that ep3moschini and i are more than likely the only people to have read every post in this thread...dont come into ephatch and start telling people who have basically built this website from the ground up multiple times how to post or what to say. (thats not to say i was here from the beginning, i wasnt, but ive been a contributing member for almost 5 years and after each of our 2 crashes has contributed to more threads that most people have read in order to provide useful, knowledgeable, and helpful information) so watch who you are pointing fingers at bub
    my ep is white...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information