Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ok no more trouble. I saw my first CRZ about 2 weeks ago and it looks alright. Really want to test drive one now. So the civic is still going to be available for the US market right? Can't wait for the new gen. I hope they shrink it and make it 2200lbs. AND keep cupholders in there.
    Also is it just me or does anyone like the name "SI" better than "Type R"? SI sounds a whole lot better.
    Last edited by ttttrigg3r; 11-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    Ok no more trouble. I saw my first CRZ about 2 weeks ago and it looks alright. Really want to test drive one now. So the civic is still going to be available for the US market right? Can't wait for the new gen. I hope they shrink it and make it 2200lbs. AND keep cupholders in there.
    Also is it just me or does anyone like the name "SI" better than "Type R"? SI sounds a whole lot better.
    I've not seen another crz besides my mothers so far...I think they look goofy in grey. Ya they are still going to have the civic in the us and europe, im hoping they will go global with the civic and we get the hatch again. I don't see them shrinking it because it would compete with the fit, but I know they are working on making them lighter, plus grassroots motorsports put their crz on the scales and it actually came in at 2550lbs, which is 100 less than hondas weight claim. I agree I llike Si more as a designation...plus the Si (stands for sport injected) has been around since 84 in the civic crx and 86 in the civic hatch, first type r was in in the late 90s. Unless you count the type r designation used in the honda motorcycles.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

They need to redesign the civic into a rear wheel drive already since they hung themselves over the fit.

i mean...i owned a ep...loved it....i also drove a 06 si for a year....how in the hell is that not a true si...what a fun car!

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    They need to redesign the civic into a rear wheel drive already since they hung themselves over the fit.
    I disagree, they moved the fit into the civic slot and the civic into the accord slot and the accord got bigger...there's no way in hell they would ever ever make the civic rwd, honda was going to take the acura line to all rwd and awd before the carpocalypse happened in 08, and I know this for a fact from a direct source at honda design . And they cut that program as well as the nsx...plus making the civic rwd would be a huge r&d cost expenditure, that in current climates would be extremely risky. And of course its an econo box...the trickiest part I see for honda in the us market currently if they were to make a rwd coupe and/or sedan would be building a vehicle with competitive appearance, build quality, and performance to the new mustang v6 at a better price. Otherwise they'd have a hard time selling an unproven platform in the current economic climate. Plus again, the cost expenditure for r&d on such a vehicle would be very risky.

Quote Originally Posted by k20hatch View Post
    i mean...i owned a ep...loved it....i also drove a 06 si for a year....how in the hell is that not a true si...what a fun car!
    I think peoples primary hold up on the new si are that
    1. Its too big
    2. Its too heavy
    3. Its drive by wire
    4. And the split debate some feel since it isn't a hatch its not an si...whatever

I drove one, I liked it, but I didn't like the drive by wire, and prefered my ep. But I still think its an si...it definitely set the bar for the market upon release and has been wildly successful and popular at a competitive price. I only eont like the size and weight on it. Though I think its only 100 more lbs than the ep...
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 11-19-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    off topic, but I spotted a teal green CRZ at work today. . . fucking awesome

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    off topic, but I spotted a teal green CRZ at work today. . . fucking awesome
    That's a lie they don't sell it in teal
    my ep is white...

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    North Shore Blue Pearl, looks teal to me

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

if it was a crx than i would have said nifty.. Tahitian green..but crz color probably looks it in person
    be jealous :P

What's this "drive by wire" thing? I thought the EP was drive by wire.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    What's this "drive by wire" thing? I thought the EP was drive by wire.
    Have you looked under the hood?

Drive by wire refers to electronically controlled driving inputs, such as throttle braking and steering...I think honda has only done drive by wire throttle...the ep3 does not have drive by wire. It is an electric assist steering, meaning it has an electric motor that kicks in to help us move the rack, which gives more feedback versus a hydraulic power steering. Our brakes and clutch are hydraulic direct imput into hydraulic cylinders and our thrtottle is a direct cable input into the throttle body...I hope that helps
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The EP3 was the last true Si. Honda has a bunch of morons running their US markets, the North American market will never see a top of the heap performance machine.
    why in the hell would you say that? why arent the new si's an si? what made the ep3 a true si? i think you full of it. im just kidding by the way.

hoenstly tho why do you say the ep is the last true si? I think i know the answer but i'm seeking knowledge from a higher power.

Quote Originally Posted by 4lugSLUG View Post
    why in the hell would you say that? why arent the new si's an si? what made the ep3 a true si? i think you full of it. im just kidding by the way.

hoenstly tho why do you say the ep is the last true si? I think i know the answer but i'm seeking knowledge from a higher power.
    the ep3 has an SI specific chassi? I think that explains the last true SI because of the fact that all other SI's share the same chassi

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    the ep3 has an SI specific chassi? I think that explains the last true SI because of the fact that all other SI's share the same chassi

Just saying
    Ya, but the eg si and ef si and the ea si shared the same chassis with their non si counterparts...he may be refering to the fact its the last of the e chassis, or that its gained weight and size, or its goofy rear suspension, or the fact its drive by wire and its disconnected feeling as a result of this, or that the car is hard to work on, or that. Its no longer a simple car and has more bells and whistles...
    my ep is white...

ephatch member
    the ep3 got EBD, but not VSA..

lift of oversteer, and left foot braking FTW :P

and the ABS on the ep3 is of the patient kind..

:)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information