Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    i thought it might have just been the fact that it stayed true to the si hatch that it started off as. not this coupe and sedan crap because people like it more. f*ck what they like. make a car and keep it true or dont make it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    off topic, but I spotted a teal green CRZ at work today. . . fucking awesome
    Dude, the cr-z is fucking hideous. Catfish grill, insight back end, new camary headlights. A poor mash up of tired parts. There. I said it.

I love the EP3. so many other compaines tried to copy it. The Ep3 does very well on the road course for all the poeple that are joking on the suspension and stuff. The Ep3 and the DC5 are almost the same chassis, thus should of had the K20a2 sicspd. However that would of hurt the TypeS sales. Like said before the SI was dissed for the Acura. HOwever the new SI's are heavy but work well on the road course

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    Dude, the cr-z is fucking hideous. Catfish grill, insight back end, new camary headlights. A poor mash up of tired parts. There. I said it.
    I'm glad I saw someone else say this after all the praise I've read on here about the CR-Z. While I'm impressed from a performance/engineering point of view, I thought the design was ugly as hell the first time I saw one. I was really disappointed since they were touting this as a follow up to the crx legacy. I guess I'm also sad because they made this, which I think is ugly, and there is no longer an S2K, a hatchback, or an RSX/Integra (I know Acura, not Honda), or anything to replace those cars in their line-ups.

I think the CR-Z is ugly too.. it's just a "lazy" design and I think it could have easily been better..the back end definetly looks just lame.

You know what would have made the EP a smash hit? if it would have had a type-r exterior with jdm type-r interior with a k20a3 and 6speed/bigger brakes, that would have been ace and it wouldnt have cut into type-s sales because it would still be slower.
    Last edited by Tokin_Buds; 12-21-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Honestly, my only really big complaint is that they didn't give it a 6 speed. When I first bought my car and started driving home from the dealer, I almost tried to shift into "6th" gear at least twice. Those revs are just sooo freaking high on the freeway I thought for sure I hadn't upshifted lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ES1 View Post
    Honestly, my only really big complaint is that they didn't give it a 6 speed. When I first bought my car and started driving home from the dealer, I almost tried to shift into "6th" gear at least twice. Those revs are just sooo freaking high on the freeway I thought for sure I hadn't upshifted lol.
    ^this for sure. Even after owning it for a year I still check to make sure I didn't leave it in 4th lol.

I hope no one nails me to the cross on this, I feel the EP3 was a fail. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my EP3. Honda released a Civic that was directly in competition with the base RSX. Bad decision. At the time, it boiled down to owning a Honda or Acura. Most people chose the Acura (with resale in mind). Plus, the obscurely positioned shifter scared a lot of people. I love the shifter! I chose the EP over the RSX because the EP seems to be the "less beaten path". Plus, I prefer the body style of the Civic over the RSX.

The future of the Civic in other markets will still remain the same. We will still have the coupe's and sedan's and Europe will still want their hatches and Type R's. Honda Motor Company International would be absolutely stupid to get rid of the Civic's in other markets where it's strong. Picture 10-20 years from now, when the EG's, EK's, EM's and EP's are all rotted away (for the most part) and most people are driving this "new" Civic, They won't have a JDM Civic Type R to duplicate. The JDM Civic scene is going to die. Honda Japan has always kept the best part of any Type R's to itself. The JDM DC2's had their shorter geared transmissions, the EK9's never made it to North America, the JDM EP3's were the only EP's to have the true K20A powertrain. Therefore, I doubt they'll ever make a Civic Type R again. I'm concerned about the import scene. We are going to see less and less "tuner Civic's" as the years go on. The Integra is going to prevail. I'll bet you Acura launches a new coupe in the next two years. This will be the new tuner scene. Or, people are going to shift away from Honda because most people can't afford the S2000 and NSX.
    Last edited by DA9_GSR; 12-23-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post
    I've always considered the Fit to be the successor to the Ep3 anyways. Since the Civic is still doing fairly well in the US, I wonder if Acura will take it over?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

That's old bullshit created by haters. On the old nickel batteries you could expect atleast 10 years on them, a lot of the old insights are just now having that problem, the toyotas are not holding up as well. As for current tech, its lithium ion based so its a much much more advanced technology. Hondas ima hybrid systmem uses a very small battery now, the one in the crz is even smaller, it wouldn't cost too much to replace probably 15 20 years down the road is my guess.
    Just a side story really quick -- my dad had an 2002 Toyota Hybrid and it actually ended up catching fire at 6:00 in the morning all by itself. I, getting home from my then graveyard shift job, came home and noticed the car in flames in the driveway next to my brother and my mother's car. Moved the car, called the fire department, blah blah blah, fire was put out. After, i looked into it and i guess other people had this same problem, but the difference was, their car was in their garage and burned their house down. Crazy. Just thought I'd share.

You can understand why so many people on here thought the cr-z looked great if you look at the shoe thread on here. Truly hideous what some people consider to look good.

crz looks great from the front...not the back

that's the dealbreak

i was waiting to see what the crz would be like now im just gonna stick to my ep
    and do a motorswap get rid of this stupid k20a3 5spd
    honda couldve at least given the ep a 6spd
    HONDA IS LOSING THEIR TOUCH
    stupidf***s are running the business

theres no rsx/integra. no good looking civic 2 drs. no s2k.

i mean wtf they turned into toyota there is absolutely no sporty car anymore

the crz is sport yes but it is buttt ugly! i get that that depends on taste and opinion of whether or not you think its ugly
    but its a 2 door insight....thats all it is looks wise

im gonna be keeping my ep for as long as i can because it is the last good looking civic that i like
    ill be doing a motor swap to extend the life of the ep3

Honda is focusing more on becoming a marketing company, rather than an engineering company. It clearly evident in all their recent designs and strategies. And as long as soccer moms and geeky fucks keep buying into it, it will never stop. I mean, their mascot is a fucking CARTOON for crying out loud. As to the title of this thread, the death of the JDM civic...uh..that's a bad thing, just so you know. Think about it. Half of the parts you want (Spoon, Mugen, ARC, etc) are developed for the JDM civic in japan, it just so happens that they fit your usdm car too. No civic in japan, no fancy parts for your civic here. Sadly enough, JDM is one of the only thing that keeps the import car culture alive. Who do you think kept it going this long? Neon lights and APC? Get real. The death of the JDM civic is a tragedy, but who am I to argue?
    Last edited by sleepy ep3; 01-13-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Preach it!

i saw a japanese guy naked.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information