Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydanger View Post
    i saw a japanese guy naked.
    Johnny just won the thread...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Johnny just won the thread...
    ha ha ha!!!

I just don't see the SI as a viable option anymore. Subaru, Mitsubishi, Ford, Chevy, hell even Hyundai have better Sporty options than Honda does now. You're throwing a 200 hp N/A, FWD in a pool of AWD, RWD, turbochargers, V-6s, not to mention TORQUE.

The civic SI died here when it became overpriced and out classed. Over $22,000 for a FWD civic, really?

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-en...vic-model.html

Interesting.

I find this to be great, maybe we will see a CTR state side in the future
    Omg seriously if I hear one more person say we could possibly get the ctr here Im just gonna lose it. I'll say this one more time: WE'LL NEVER GET THE CTR HERE!!! If it ever came here it'd be in the price range of a STI or Evo and would never sell enough for Honda to make money. Get over it, it's never coming here.

idk about you guys but
    i've parked next to a fit before and i find its very close in size... not much smaller

i think honda has lost their touch
    IMO all the newer cars are getting uglier and uglier and bigger and heavier for no good reason

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    idk about you guys but
    i've parked next to a fit before and i find its very close in size... not much smaller

i think honda has lost their touch
    IMO all the newer cars are getting uglier and uglier and bigger and heavier for no good reason
    yeah for real. almost every car was smaller 15 years ago besides like cadillac and lincoln boatmobiles. Geos, camrys, corollas, almost any honda, smaller toyota/nissan trucks, etc. other than the fit, the tiny ass cars that got 35mpg+(without being a hybrid) and lasted to 250k miles or more are dead. how many geos and pre 1995 corollas/civics do you still see nowadays? i'm curious to see if there will be that many of today's cars on the road in 15 years. they just don't make em like they used too

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    yeah for real. almost every car was smaller 15 years ago besides like cadillac and lincoln boatmobiles. Geos, camrys, corollas, almost any honda, smaller toyota/nissan trucks, etc. other than the fit, the tiny ass cars that got 35mpg+(without being a hybrid) and lasted to 250k miles or more are dead. how many geos and pre 1995 corollas/civics do you still see nowadays? i'm curious to see if there will be that many of today's cars on the road in 15 years. they just don't make em like they used too
    im sure a lot of that has to do with government safety regulations...but there really is no excuse for a unneccesarily heavy civic
    thats just bad engineering

its a shame that theres no type r....discontinued it just when i could afford one
    not that i'd buy it anyways it'd prolly be ugly

the 8th gen civics were ok looking...

imo the ep was the last civic that kept the civic look and feel(thats why i own one)

the 9th gen looks like a freaking accord

the crz actually looks good but being a 2 seater i wouldn't be able to buy one...i need back seats
    Last edited by DRP967; 01-21-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post

you want to know why toyotas don't longer anymore or have all these issues? Because they are not imported from Japan. They are MADE here in the US. When has any US domestic auto product actually last and still get 35+ MPG? You want to know why cars get bigger? Cause Americans keeping eating and getting bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    you want to know why toyotas don't longer anymore or have all these issues? Because they are not imported from Japan. They are MADE here in the US. When has any US domestic auto product actually last and still get 35+ MPG? You want to know why cars get bigger? Cause Americans keeping eating and getting bigger.
    I know. I'm hungry all the time. Lol

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    yeah there's definitely a lot of reasons it happened. i'm just bummed that it DID happen haha

Quote Originally Posted by SandBagger View Post
    I love the EP3. so many other compaines tried to copy it. The Ep3 does very well on the road course for all the poeple that are joking on the suspension and stuff. The Ep3 and the DC5 are almost the same chassis, thus should of had the K20a2 sicspd. However that would of hurt the TypeS sales. Like said before the SI was dissed for the Acura. HOwever the new SI's are heavy but work well on the road course
    Eh i agree with you about the new SI's being good for the road course. Our cars stock are decent. The k20a3 is also better off with the 5 speed for a few reasons.
    1) better suited for the k20a3
    2) better for people like me who swap in a big boy motor;)

I just dont get why people say it would have hurt Type-S sales, the Type-S is Acura and the SI is Honda, I know they are both Honda but they are both sold at different dealerships.

So, Why couldnt the Honda dealer sell a K20A2 6spd SI and the Acura dealer sell their Type-S?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokin_Buds View Post
    I just dont get why people say it would have hurt Type-S sales, the Type-S is Acura and the SI is Honda, I know they are both Honda but they are both sold at different dealerships.

So, Why couldnt the Honda dealer sell a K20A2 6spd SI and the Acura dealer sell their Type-S?
    They did. Well, not Si but UKDM Type R. It's only Honda of America that didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    They did. Well, not Si but UKDM Type R. It's only Honda of America that didn't.
    it really doesnt make sense why they gimped the ep3 si with the k20a3 motor...

i feel like it really hurt ep3 sales and is the major reason why it didnt sell well in the U.S
    and thus why there arent many on the roads and stuff

although the lineup during that time was also too diverse...
    the 4dr/2dr ...then theres the em2, along with the ep3

the way honda has it now is good
    the si/2dr/4dr all look similar and it is easy to distinguish the 3, at the same time not change the cars too much
    i'm not a fan of the new civics tho
    too many of them rolling around on the roads

dunno why it double posted sry

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information