Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    it really doesnt make sense why they gimped the ep3 si with the k20a3 motor...

i feel like it really hurt ep3 sales and is the major reason why it didnt sell well in the U.S
    and thus why there arent many on the roads and stuff

although the lineup during that time was also too diverse...
    the 4dr/2dr ...then theres the em2, along with the ep3
    im with you on the motor issue, i wish the ep came with a stronger motor

but i dont think the lineup was an issue. i mean if you look it by trim levels dx/lx/ex/si. i would figure if people wanted and si theyd pick up an si. and the rest? well we will leave it to the rest.

EDIT: actually, shit. now that i think about it haha youre right. there were a lot of options for that year.

We have to remember that we are talking about Honda America here. Honda America (shares hand in hand with Acura) had the Acura RSX Type S on the lineup. To release a vehicle that directly competes with itself would be crazy. GM, for example, has been using this tactic for quite some time now and have learned the hard way that it doesn't work, eg: Chev Cobalt / Pontiac Pursuit, Chev Aveo / Pontiac Wave / Suzuki Swift. They thought that rebranding the same vehicle 6 different ways would dominate the market. It didn't work. It won't work and Honda America knew that and didn't want to compete with itself. I'm sure statistics would show the RSX beat the EP3 in sales due to the fact the EP3 was essentially the same as the RSX base. At the end of the day it boiled down to owning a Honda or an Acura. Acura, generally speaking, being the "luxurious" Honda make, most people picked it.

Just a side note...... I love the EP3 more than the RSX!
    Last edited by Draw7Seven; 02-19-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Also, rumour has it, Acura is sneaking the ideas of a new coupe to come in the next year or two. If that's the case, I would want a car that could compete with the subaru sti's and the mitsubishi evo's. Start working on that 2.4L Honda motor. Get it to the 110hp / liter range (like the K20A) and squeeze around 260-270hp. Mate that motor to a short geared 6 speed manual transmission with the infamous Honda LSD and you'll have me sleeping at the dealership door for launch day waiting to get the first one on the road! Booya!

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    that means we have the last si hatchback woot
    such a wonderful feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    What about replacing the battery? Rumor is you have to replace hybrid batteries every 5 years for a cost of around $3000. Any of that true?
    on a side not, i just had a class presentation and a student vouched that she had her prius for 5+ years and has not changed the battery once

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    When we got the car my mother punched it off the light (and she knows how to drive) and my ep was barely pulling on it, and it pulled with my friends rav 4 swapped scion tc through 3rd and most of 4th and my ep keeps even with that tc in any gear...so it isn't slow at all, handles well too
    good god foreals? you're mom is a boss. i'm glad i read through this thread on the last 15 minutes of mother's day

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    You can understand why so many people on here thought the cr-z looked great if you look at the shoe thread on here. Truly hideous what some people consider to look good.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydanger View Post
    i saw a japanese guy naked.
    personally i think that is a complete fail LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DA9_GSR View Post
    Also, rumour has it, Acura is sneaking the ideas of a new coupe to come in the next year or two. If that's the case, I would want a car that could compete with the subaru sti's and the mitsubishi evo's. Start working on that 2.4L Honda motor. Get it to the 110hp / liter range (like the K20A) and squeeze around 260-270hp. Mate that motor to a short geared 6 speed manual transmission with the infamous Honda LSD and you'll have me sleeping at the dealership door for launch day waiting to get the first one on the road! Booya!
    i think the 2011 Civic Si has that exact motor set up you listed out

DA9_GSR,

Hondas JDM Type-R LSD is made by Helical, fyi.

And Honda North America HATES fast Hondas, I dont expect anything good from them except another lousy hybrid with skinny tires and performnce that could not rival a donkey.

I hate how us honda treats us

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information