Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    some kid on here stated more whp on a jrsc a3 but it was fully built. and he still ended up blowing. So dan is prolly the fastest running a3

Run me! Run me!

the dyno I was on was a Dynopack and I dynoed at Brauning's dynojet. BOTH the same numbers. On Brauning's dyno jet a S2000 just tuning Apexi AF ratios it made 200whp. I made 232whp K24a2 6psi. DC Shorty header to custom test pipe and greddy evo2 exhaust. When I put on a DCRH I was at 263whp at 6psi. So I am not saying your numbers are not possible based on FI PSI, just that is one hell of a set up from an A3 making 60whp with 1psi more than I had. I am sure you have a better tuner than I did and have better bolt ons

GLW build and car.

Do you have any leaks with the KRRH? Seriously debating buying that header and fabbing up a 3" exhaust. Are most people running a resonator too or just straight to the muffler?

ephatch member
    I bought exhaust putty and put it around the slip joints, then I replaced the donut gasket with one from carquest that was like $2-3 and used a little more putty there too. When I had the k24a1 put in the shop used the same everything and it's sealed up great.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sik24a2 View Post
    the dyno I was on was a Dynopack and I dynoed at Brauning's dynojet. BOTH the same numbers. On Brauning's dyno jet a S2000 just tuning Apexi AF ratios it made 200whp. I made 232whp K24a2 6psi. DC Shorty header to custom test pipe and greddy evo2 exhaust. When I put on a DCRH I was at 263whp at 6psi. So I am not saying your numbers are not possible based on FI PSI, just that is one hell of a set up from an A3 making 60whp with 1psi more than I had. I am sure you have a better tuner than I did and have better bolt ons

GLW build and car.
    yea but here's the thing, i made 241 on almost 8psi, 2 more than you, with the KRRH, then when i went to almost 11 psi with the KRRH and 3" exhaust, i made 3 less than you with you at 6psi

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Do you have any leaks with the KRRH? Seriously debating buying that header and fabbing up a 3" exhaust. Are most people running a resonator too or just straight to the muffler?
    dude its a good header, im having no problems with it

Have you tried VP 103 unleaded Oxygenated race fuel? My old set up picked up around 8-10whp. I love this thread for what you are doing keep up the drive and check out Scuffers K20a.org thread. He has made some custom intake pieces for his JRSC set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sik24a2 View Post
    Have you tried VP 103 unleaded Oxygenated race fuel? My old set up picked up around 8-10whp. I love this thread for what you are doing keep up the drive and check out Scuffers K20a.org thread. He has made some custom intake pieces for his JRSC set up.
    naa i havent done any other type of fuel except for pump and pump/meth, i would if it was easily accessable and at every pump, cause i drive my car a lot! and thanks man, im gonna keep it going and see what else i can do to this bad boy

I ordered a 54gal drum of the VP stuff. it was not cheaper to buy this way. I got started on it by buying it @ $8/gal
    Last edited by SandBagger; 11-27-2010 at 08:54 AM.

damn dude how much was the whole drum? did they cut you a deal?

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Wow!! Glad to see you way up there with all this power Dan. In all the years I've been on this forum, I don't think I know of anybody more deserving than you to see these results and get to brag about it. Congrats man!

Now throw that 3.7" pulley on, retune your meth and get a Stiegemeier port/polish and put out a dyno number people will be shooting to beat YEARS from now on an a3.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    damn dude how much was the whole drum? did they cut you a deal?
    They come in 54gal drum...not sure why. what I am talking about is called Motorsport 103 (red color). good for blowers and aggressive timing. They make so many kinds of fuel. I do know that this fuel works well with your set up.

VP has very stiff prices......However the prices change throughout the US b/c you have to a dealer to get it..

so will that 2010 accord crank pulley also work on a k24a2 and jrsc combo?
    tnx and congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information