Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    nice. did you pick up the crank pulley from the dealer? Local dealer quoted $120 for it!
    whattttt? and yea my buddy at honda got it for me, or go on myhondapartsstore.com, i think its like 48$ before shipping

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by POOPTOOTH View Post
    Because it is? At least compared to other k-series motors it is.

Show me an a3 that handles 300+ and does so for more than a few thousand miles of solid beatings and I'll retract my statement...
    Mini-odyssey05's a3 made 300whp and his car is fine. And Dan made 272whp so why wouldnt the a3 be able to maintain that? Just because its a shitty engine compared to other K series doesnt meant it still cant hold its own
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 11-21-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Well, as Pooptooth said, when you compare it to the other K-Series motors, it is pretty weak. 300whp can be maintained with a great tune and smart maintenance, but you can't get much more than that. When you compare that to a K20Z1 running 550whp on stock internals and pump gas daily driven, the A3 just doesn't hold up. Regardless of this, these numbers are freaking amazing for a JRSC setup. Kudos man and as already said, get some pics and vids up of this beast. I want to hear that S/C sceeeeeeeeeeeam!

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    whattttt? and yea my buddy at honda got it for me, or go on myhondapartsstore.com, i think its like 48$ before shipping
    part number 13810-R40-A02 ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    Well, as Pooptooth said, when you compare it to the other K-Series motors, it is pretty weak. 300whp can be maintained with a great tune and smart maintenance, but you can't get much more than that. When you compare that to a K20Z1 running 550whp on stock internals and pump gas daily driven, the A3 just doesn't hold up. Regardless of this, these numbers are freaking amazing for a JRSC setup. Kudos man and as already said, get some pics and vids up of this beast. I want to hear that S/C sceeeeeeeeeeeam!
    Thanks Ron, thats what I was trying to get at.

Either way 04EPHatch, not trying to take anything away from your awesome accomplishment. Great numbers man, I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next. :)
    AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

ephatch member
    did you get it to the track?

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    very well said, its no Z1 or an A2, but for now, it'll do :) im pretty much at the max of what i can do, maybe a 14gph meth nozzle and some skunk2 stage 1's but im not sure if i wanna cam a motor thats not entierely worth it ya know

Thanks Ron, thats what I was trying to get at.

Either way 04EPHatch, not trying to take anything away from your awesome accomplishment. Great numbers man, I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next. :)
    dude i dont even know whats next up my sleeve, i have to find something now lol im thinking a 14gph meth nozzle and skunk2 stage 1's with a rebuilt head, maybe some Z1 springs and retainers with a new timing chain and tensioner

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    did you get it to the track?
    sadly no :( island drag closed up on sunday, ill be hitting it hard in the spring with my new CC stage 4 clutch, 225 50 16 Hoosier radials, and a custom traction bar setup

ephatch member
    sounds like it will be a good time in the spring. why specifically stage I cams?

do the vtec killer cam set up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    sounds like it will be a good time in the spring. why specifically stage I cams?
    well i dont want to go insane, and i dont want to have to rev the A3 over 7700, i want to stay where i am at redline wise, and if i go with a stage 2 or so i'd have to take it higher to make power

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    do the vtec killer cam set up lol.
    omg that'd be awesome man, i should consider doing that and lowering the boost about 2 psi, i dont think the a3 would take all that

ephatch member
    you wouldn't have to go over 7700 to make power with the stage II's. My power died off after 7200 with those cams, but that was back when I had a dcrh, I have no clue what it would have done with my krrh and a larger exhaust. I originally wanted to go JRSC w/meth and or nitrous on my k24a1, but now I am leaning towards turbo. But I look forward to your next move.

Because it is? At least compared to other k-series motors it is.

Show me an a3 that handles 300+ and does so for more than a few thousand miles of solid beatings and I'll retract my statement...
    The A3 is not that good. I am trying to figure how this A3 260whp on 7psi. When I had a SC A3 I made 202whp with 9psi. On the same dyno, after swapping out the A3 for an 04 K24a2 on 6psi / RH/3"E/Kpro I made 263whp. I know the dyno I tune on reads low but damn. The A3 I had spun a bearing so fast after the way I drive, I had to swap.

ephatch member
    he did 260 on 10.9psi without meth. From the adding cooling he got 272. Now I believe this is the highest hp jrsc a3 ever, no doubt about that, not trying to knock it down at all, but I have seen results from someone on xenocron going to a dynojet and losing 6-7% with just a stock a2. But that would still make this over 250hp to the wheel on a dynojet. Regardless it's a huge jump from where he was at 7psi. Shit should rock pretty good.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    yeah i think he is... thats k20a2 jrsc status

there are 2 jrsc k20z1's around by allentown i am DYING to go run, but both of them keep popping trannys :(
    Last edited by Stubby; 11-27-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information