Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    What about a hack to stop the AC from kicking on when defrost is turned on? I don't get why the AC kicks on when defrost is on. I want heat to clear the fog, not cold air.
    I thought that's what we were talking about... the fix above allows you to turn off the A/C while in defrost mode.

Quote Originally Posted by siege911 View Post
    I thought that's what we were talking about... the fix above allows you to turn off the A/C while in defrost mode.
    Yeah, it lets you turn it off, but what he wants is for the A/C not to come on in the first place. If you notice, just turning the dial to defrost or defrost+feet kicks the A/C on, and then you have to turn it off manually.

wait a minute. I thought having AC on would turn the super cold air on. So wth is AC really?

wait a minute. I thought having AC on would turn the super cold air on. So wth is AC really?
    the AC is an Air Conditioner
    It changes the current conditions of the air going through the vents
    It conditions it to the temperature set by the dial, whether it be cold or hot.
    Condition doesn't always mean cold

A/C reduces moisture in the air. In the summer, that's what you want, because humidity makes things feel hotter than they are. In the winter, somewhere like your house, you don't have the A/C kick on with the heat, because winter air is already incredibly dry. But in a car, you need to be able to keep fog off the insides of the windows, so it's important to keep it on a lot of the time.

Much thanks for the info! The car is alot more comfortable w/ the 'defroster' & floor vents on, but being able to not have the AC on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information