Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Canuck Civic's DC5 blower setup on a3

Well thought I would post what I'm doing. First I did the vtec killers now I have a dc5 manifold and blower on the car. At first I only had the 4" pulley on now I have switched to a 3.4" pulley.

Here is the Jmercado heat exchanger, core and also the pump.

I will be using stainless steel braided lines as well. Replacing the clutch with CC Stage 4 also the flywheel. New CAI intake, and still deciding on a header to run.

ephatch member
    just get the krrh. I think we have a vendor selling the private label header for 325 shipped, that's stupid low and KRRH is actually Private Label.

damn that should be fun as hell. might i recommend dumping the 3.4 for the 3.8 and the skeletor crank pulley, not as much belt tension so its less stress on snout bearings

Very nice man, good luck with it! I'll keep checking back as I don't have much else to do =[

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Finally, somebody else on the forum with the DC5 setup besides me! Welcome to the DC5 JRSC club!

Illdiesel should be joining the club before spring as well. We're supposed to install his sometime after the New Year.

This is the route im goin, but on a k24a1 with cam setup, glad to see someone else doin this...

I didnt think it fit! But that looks bad ass...now time to do searching for Mugenreps post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Finally, somebody else on the forum with the DC5 setup besides me! Welcome to the DC5 JRSC club!

Illdiesel should be joining the club before spring as well. We're supposed to install his sometime after the New Year.
    ugh, this is happening after jan 1st now... ugh, maybe i should just visit him and 'borrow' his blower til then.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    ugh, this is happening after jan 1st now... ugh, maybe i should just visit him and 'borrow' his blower til then.
    Oops, did I get the date wrong again? Gotta hit up Jamie on Facebook later to check to see when he'll want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Si757 View Post
    This is the route im goin, but on a k24a1 with cam setup, glad to see someone else doin this...
    It's the best way, but not the only way to do it. The original Ephatch member to do this was a friend of JPax's and did it back in 2004-2005 on a K24a2. As far as whp, if you look at Dan's Ep3 he's putting 270+ on the Ep3 manifold and a K20a3 head and meth injection. If Canuck had the K20a3 head even with the aftercooler he'd be about the same as Dan's Ep3. What alot of you are forgetting with the DC5 manifold is that it only flows SLIGHTLY better than the Ep3 manifold. The best available roots supercharger manifold in terms of flow is the Comptech manifold. Anyways, that's off the point. The aftercooler is only efficient to keep the inlet temps down to a conservative amount. If you live up North like Canuck and myself, you really don't need the aftercooler setup until you start pulling over 11-12psi (Unless you're in a warm climate (88+ most days in summer). Don't believe me? Look on clubrsx.com). Once you start pulling some decent psi from the Roots and add a return line, you'll need that aftercooler. Just don't overspin your blower too much.

Quote Originally Posted by STP03BlueSI View Post
    I didnt think it fit! But that looks bad ass...now time to do searching for Mugenreps post about it.
    Yup, been on my car for almost 2 years now. It was on a for a little while before that as well, but I took it back off because I bought a Bells core and aftercooler setup. It's a little extra work to put on vs. the Ep3 JRSC manifold, but if you wanna keep up with the turbo Ep3's on Ephatch, it's a necessity to keep the air charge cool when you start hitting some serious boost.
    Last edited by Siborg; 11-28-2008 at 04:38 PM.

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    whoa now guys. who said after jan 1st? christmas break is looking rather good to get myself into trouble
    Last edited by lldiesel386ll; 11-29-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    whoa now guys. who said after jan 1st? christmas break is looking rather good to get myself into trouble :mgrin:
    Oops, sounds like I should keep postpone my trip down to Tommy's then. Shoot me and Tommy a date, Jamie. I'm up for helping with the installation @ Tommy's if you're up for it.

P.S. Tommy can take pics for a DIY thread as well.

Oops, sounds like I should keep postpone my trip down to Tommy's then. Shoot me and Tommy a date, Jamie. I'm up for helping with the installation @ Tommy's if you're up for it.

P.S. Tommy can take pics for a DIY thread as well.
    any thoughts towards whether we should try tackling it all at once or one at a time? i guess thats going to be the big piece for scheduling. not sure how much torque our stock clutches can handle

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    any thoughts towards whether we should try tackling it all at once or one at a time? i guess thats going to be the big piece for scheduling. not sure how much torque our stock clutches can handle
    You don't drive too aggressively from a stop, do you? I'm still on stock cluch with 140k and I've taken mine to the track about a half dozen times. But you're on a K24/K20 hybrid, so it may be risking alot. It's up to you. I'm sure I can get 3-4 days off if you need the extra help.

You don't drive too aggressively from a stop, do you? I'm still on stock cluch with 140k and I've taken mine to the track about a half dozen times. But you're on a K24/K20 hybrid, so it may be risking alot. It's up to you. I'm sure I can get 3-4 days off if you need the extra help.
    grandma comes to mind in terms of how i drive most of the time but i do like to have fun when i'm given the opportunity--it may make sense to try and tackle both. i'll be starting a new job on wednesday, so i'll be at the will of scheduling there (as well as the gf's of course lol) but once thats all dialed in i'll keep you tommy and mike posted

Def runnin the aftercooler, that was the point in my decision. Just like seeing official evidence others are doing it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information