Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canuck Civic's DC5 blower setup on a3

Well thought I would post what I'm doing. First I did the vtec killers now I have a dc5 manifold and blower on the car. At first I only had the 4" pulley on now I have switched to a 3.4" pulley.

Here is the Jmercado heat exchanger, core and also the pump.

I will be using stainless steel braided lines as well. Replacing the clutch with CC Stage 4 also the flywheel. New CAI intake, and still deciding on a header to run.

ephatch member
    just get the krrh. I think we have a vendor selling the private label header for 325 shipped, that's stupid low and KRRH is actually Private Label.

damn that should be fun as hell. might i recommend dumping the 3.4 for the 3.8 and the skeletor crank pulley, not as much belt tension so its less stress on snout bearings

Very nice man, good luck with it! I'll keep checking back as I don't have much else to do =[

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Finally, somebody else on the forum with the DC5 setup besides me! Welcome to the DC5 JRSC club!

Illdiesel should be joining the club before spring as well. We're supposed to install his sometime after the New Year.

This is the route im goin, but on a k24a1 with cam setup, glad to see someone else doin this...

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Finally, somebody else on the forum with the DC5 setup besides me! Welcome to the DC5 JRSC club!

Illdiesel should be joining the club before spring as well. We're supposed to install his sometime after the New Year.
    ugh, this is happening after jan 1st now... ugh, maybe i should just visit him and 'borrow' his blower til then.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

how much of the radiator support had to be cut? I was going to do this with my SCK24a2 before the car was totaled.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sik24a2 View Post
    how much of the radiator support had to be cut? I was going to do this with my SCK24a2 before the car was totaled.
    Barely any I notched a bit for the bypass and that was it, it is more closer on the pulley side.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    The radiator support near the pulley doesn't need to actually be cut. Just rolled up and under if you're going to use a larger than 3.4" pulley. Anything smaller and you could probably get away with not rolling or cutting (if you prefer cutting over the rolling). I cut and rolled mine, but I wanted to make it as easily accessible as possible, but you really only need to bend the support lip.

niiiccceee

nice!

No problen anyway i endup bending it more and made custom relocation bracket for the bottom line now everything is good to go

What core are you running now ? Merc racing i assumed ?

Quote Originally Posted by sir_2002 View Post
    No problen anyway i endup bending it more and made custom relocation bracket for the bottom line now everything is good to go

What core are you running now ? Merc racing i assumed ?
    I'm running one of his very first cores. I upgraded to his newest one now just waiting on it to be shipped. Might place a preorder in for his new air to air manifold

Seems my last post was deleted. Fastest time I ran with the a3 was 12.7 @107mph that was in Sept of last year. This year I'm going to use a k24a2, but all in all I was happy with the a3 and supercharged vtec killers.

Thread Information