Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    P.S. Tommy can take pics for a DIY thread as well.
    That would be very appreciated I bet!

how much of the radiator support had to be cut? I was going to do this with my SCK24a2 before the car was totaled.

Quote Originally Posted by 02sik24a2 View Post
    how much of the radiator support had to be cut? I was going to do this with my SCK24a2 before the car was totaled.
    Barely any I notched a bit for the bypass and that was it, it is more closer on the pulley side.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    The radiator support near the pulley doesn't need to actually be cut. Just rolled up and under if you're going to use a larger than 3.4" pulley. Anything smaller and you could probably get away with not rolling or cutting (if you prefer cutting over the rolling). I cut and rolled mine, but I wanted to make it as easily accessible as possible, but you really only need to bend the support lip.

niiiccceee

Not much of an update but received parts thanks to Summit Racing and Team XXX Racing. Should be able to start working on the car in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Not much of an update but received parts thanks to Summit Racing and Team XXX Racing. Should be able to start working on the car in about a week.

Ahhhh, gotta love the delivery man..

Well I finished finals and in my time between studying I disassembled the front end the of the car, removed the subframe and tranny. Replaced the clutch, tore apart the transmission to replace the seals and make sure everything was good.

I also welded new tabs on the heat exchanger to mount it, lastly I tapped the JRSC Manifold for my T1 IAT.

Tomorrow I plan to put the charger back together and hopefully mount it before work otherwise I will have to wait a few days to finish the car.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Well I finished finals and in my time between studying I disassembled the front end the of the car, removed the subframe and tranny. Replaced the clutch, tore apart the transmission to replace the seals and make sure everything was good.

I also welded new tabs on the heat exchanger to mount it, lastly I tapped the JRSC Manifold for my T1 IAT.

Tomorrow I plan to put the charger back together and hopefully mount it before work otherwise I will have to wait a few days to finish the car.
    Can't wait to see it! Keep us updated! Good luck!

Update**
    Really haven't done alot on the car still waiting on parts for the trans. I did buy a ASP 4-1 header, as well bought the wheels for the slicks. Aftercooler is all plumbed in and the S/C is back in too. I'm hoping next Friday I will have the rest of the parts to put the trans back in.

Clean

Update car was done and while doing street tuning the snout snapped, so I quickly contacted Scuffers on clubrsx and got one rush shipped here and last Friday I rebuilt the snout but didn't take pics of that. I do have pics of the engine bay right now and what the heat exchanger looks like with the bumper on.

We did street tuning and power is estimated around 290ish boost is at about 9.5 psi. I also have a k24 crank pulley that I could put on when I feel daring enough. I will be going drag racing in 2 weeks time as long as nothing bad happens again, so we will see what times I can pull out of it.

Dude throw that crank pulley on :) I'm clipping 12psi with it, your on the stock a3 right? I'm curious to see what you'll run, I went 13.5 at 104 on street tires :( traction fml

Also do yourself a favor, switch yourblower pulley up to a 3.8 or a 3.7 and put on the k24 pulley, you don't need to run as much tension so there's a lot less stress on your snout, I'm on the 3.8 making 12psi I'm going to a 3.7 vvvvvvvery soon :)

I have the 3.4" pulley on it. I use an auto tensioner with a larger pulley on the tensioner to keep tension. The aftercooler and ASP header I'm sure reduces my psi output. I have a T1 intake temp sensor in runner #1 of the supercharger and highest temp I see during a 3rd gear pull is 115F.

The reason for the snout snapping it looks like it was built shitty the metal was brittle and they had machined a step in the shaft and it snapped there Scuffers looks way better.

I know alot of the clubrsx guys are 13-15 psi on k24 crank and 3.0 pulley but I think that is asking for trouble on the a3.
    Last edited by Canuck Civic; 05-13-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information