Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    I have the 3.4" pulley on it. I use an auto tensioner with a larger pulley on the tensioner to keep tension. The aftercooler and ASP header I'm sure reduces my psi output. I have a T1 intake temp sensor in runner #1 of the supercharger and highest temp I see during a 3rd gear pull is 115F.

The reason for the snout snapping it looks like it was built shitty the metal was brittle and they had machined a step in the shaft and it snapped there Scuffers looks way better.

I know alot of the clubrsx guys are 13-15 psi on k24 crank and 3.0 pulley but I think that is asking for trouble on the a3.
    Congrats on getting the car rolling man! Sucks about the snout snapping! Your just aftercooled with no meth right?

I will be running a 3.0 pulley on my K24 setup (with the skeletor cp).

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    Congrats on getting the car rolling man! Sucks about the snout snapping! Your just aftercooled with no meth right?

I will be running a 3.0 pulley on my K24 setup (with the skeletor cp).
    Yes aftercooled the track I go to is anal about meth/water and I would need to build a barrier between the hatch and interior so no go on that. I would suggest getting the t1 temp sensor to install in the manifold so you can see what temps the engine is seeing the aftercooler cuts temps in about half.
    Last edited by Canuck Civic; 05-14-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Yes aftercooled the track I go to is anal about meth/water and I would need to build a barrier between the hatch and interior so no go on that. I would suggest getting the t1 temp sensor to install in the manifold so you can see what temps the engine is seeing the aftercooler cuts temps in about half.
    I will be doing that. I'm also going to sell my AIS Meth Kit and go aftercooler as well. I love meth and all but the aftercooler gives awesome gains and I dont have to keep refilling it or worrying about running out.

I just bought the Skeletor CP for my build. As soon as my EP3 blower gets back it will go up for sale. I'm sure someone will want a freshly rebuilt JRSC!!

Seems like you and I will be running about the same setup minus motor differences. I'd really like to go M90 but I'm not sure how viable of an option it is since I know I can get the RSX JRSC to fit without much trouble esp if I use the 3.0 pulley. If the M90 is a feasible option I'll keep the meth kit so I can use it with it.

The charger I run will be tapped to have the T1 IAT sensor which will run to the Kpro while the other will be tossed out. Where in the manifold did you place the sensor? Also I wonder what can be done to keep an eye on cylinder #1 as its the one usually missing out without having to run an EGT sensor in each runner on the header

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    I will be doing that. I'm also going to sell my AIS Meth Kit and go aftercooler as well. I love meth and all but the aftercooler gives awesome gains and I dont have to keep refilling it or worrying about running out.

I just bought the Skeletor CP for my build. As soon as my EP3 blower gets back it will go up for sale. I'm sure someone will want a freshly rebuilt JRSC!!

Seems like you and I will be running about the same setup minus motor differences. I'd really like to go M90 but I'm not sure how viable of an option it is since I know I can get the RSX JRSC to fit without much trouble esp if I use the 3.0 pulley. If the M90 is a feasible option I'll keep the meth kit so I can use it with it.

The charger I run will be tapped to have the T1 IAT sensor which will run to the Kpro while the other will be tossed out. Where in the manifold did you place the sensor? Also I wonder what can be done to keep an eye on cylinder #1 as its the one usually missing out without having to run an EGT sensor in each runner on the header
    I'll get a picture of the sensor later today. Yeah I was reading about melting cylinder #1 when running meth which is another plus with the aftercooler, I'm sure it is a tad hotter but not melting piston territory.

Last edited by Canuck Civic; 05-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.

in for a speedo vid :)

Quote Originally Posted by 04ep3hatch View Post
    in for a speedo vid :)
    word

I'll get a picture of the sensor later today. Yeah I was reading about melting cylinder #1 when running meth which is another plus with the aftercooler, I'm sure it is a tad hotter but not melting piston territory.

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5725245698_6c1582417e_z.jpg[IMG]
    Nice man! Love your setup. Get that thing dynoed and tuned so you can post some vids! What will you do when/if the A3 lets go?

Neo what part of Bama you in...and are you still sellin that charger? Im in Mobile...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Neo what part of Bama you in...and are you still sellin that charger? Im in Mobile...
    I'm in Montgomery. Yes I am, its off getting rebuilt right now (nothing was wrong with it but it had 70K on it). This was whoever gets it can rest assured it'll be good for another 100k.

It comes complete with a 3.8 pulley and the RC 440cc Injectors.

PM me if you interested in more info/picking it up. Selling local would be nice!

Canuck, I've joined "Club Aftercooled"

Now just for my car to run

Sorry I just saw your reply... pm'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Sorry I just saw your reply... pm'd!
    Same to you!

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Glad to see it all in and running! How'd all the tuning work out for you?

3.0" bp with RSX JRSC is a breeze. You'll have no problems getting it all in, working and fitted. I have a 3.0" atm and a 2.8" sitting in the wings to use with my aftercooler. Now I just have to get to the Honda dealership and get a Skeletor and my return line finished so I can experiment with 15psi aftercooled. Is there any chance you'll jump up the boost Canuck?

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Is there any chance you'll jump up the boost Canuck?
    Car has been good I have thought about upping the boost but worried the engine will for sure pop then.

Just my luck it is pouring rain and I was set to take the trip to the drag strip today so looking like maybe June at the best or late July to get it on the 1/4 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post

3.0" bp with RSX JRSC is a breeze. You'll have no problems getting it all in, working and fitted. I have a 3.0" atm and a 2.8" sitting in the wings to use with my aftercooler. Now I just have to get to the Honda dealership and get a Skeletor and my return line finished so I can experiment with 15psi aftercooled. Is there any chance you'll jump up the boost Canuck?
    Do you have any idea what boost level I'll be looking at using the Skeletor CP along with the 3.0 pulley? I'm trying to run ~12psi on my K24/K20 frank setup to start off with.

Should I run a return line? If you check my thread it has my mods listed. I'm planning on just reusing the stock fuel rail along with FIC 650cc Injectors and a Walbro in tank fuel pump. I'm hoping my setup can make over 350whp in the end.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information