Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    temps were 77F barely any humidity. Tomorrow I'll take the bumper off and check things out.Might have air bubble in the lines from when I switched to distilled water and water wetter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Were the IAT wires modified? A cold solder or poor crimp could increase resistance and change your temp reading...
    both solid possibilities. what iat sensor are you running

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    both solid possibilities. what iat sensor are you running
    I am running a T1 IAT sensor in runner #1 don't think it is a wiring issue when I go WOT the temps slightly increase but after closing throttle in a few short seconds it drops down 20 degrees again. I'll look at it tonight I think the issue is air bubbles.

Kinda of hard to compare IAT some have sensor in bottom of core, some precharger some using GM sensor to many variables but one guy has the same setup almost and he's is getting better results. Still 140f I ain't complaining since temps at 11psi people say would be in the 200+F

nice little build ;)

Ya it was just air bubbles because I bled the system again and took it out on an even hotter day and ran wot through gears 2,3,4 and never got above 145F and quickly dropped back down to 110-120F.
    Last edited by Canuck Civic; 07-29-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Hm... good info. Somethin to be sure to look for! Hows the car feel now? Night and day difference... or are you still a little easy on it because you have no LSD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Hm... good info. Somethin to be sure to look for! Hows the car feel now? Night and day difference... or are you still a little easy on it because you have no LSD?
    I still get on it but ya sometimes it gets to be a handful this winter a LSD is coming and 3inch exhaust. If weather holds out going to the track again Aug.13

So for the 3 inch exhaust I decided on K-teller so I have a DC5 ASP header I'm guessing I should buy the RSX-S piping not the ep3 piping?

ephatch member
    it won't really matter, it will have to be cut and welded to add a resonator and muffler anyways.

New personal best 1/4 mile time of 13.3

Nice build man don't know how I had overlooked this! I guess I am too late to warn you about the CC Stage 4...lol. I had it on my EP and at least for me, it was a horrible choice. A stage 3 or even down to a stage 2 can handle the torque output and is much more drivable.

New personal best 1/4 mile time of 13.3
    Very nice! Are you running the standard 6 row core in your aftercooling setup? I've spoke with Jose and I'm sending him my 6 row core with plate to have him up it to a 10 row core that way i can run worry free @ 15psi without running the meth all the time. I'm really just using the meth for the drag strip and street runs otherwise it'll be off.

Also I have 35 and 50 size jets for my dry N20 system I may install depending on how the car performs. Hurry up and upgrade your engine setup!! I have a super clean K24A1 head Complete with 24k original miles on it I'd be willing to let go of which would net you more power with your setup!

God I'm jealous of you! I want my car to run soooo baaaaaaaddddd!!!!!!!!!

Cool

So for the 3 inch exhaust I decided on K-teller so I have a DC5 ASP header I'm guessing I should buy the RSX-S piping not the ep3 piping?
    How much larger is this new header vs the KR/CRSX one? I'm considering having Hytech build me a custom one for my setup before I up the boost to 15psi. Also I would have my 3 inch exhaust totaly redone with all V Band clamps and better routing of the piping.

Once I finish my car it better make 370whp @ 15psi on meth (330whp @ 12psi) or I WILL drive it off a cliff! I'm thinking that with a 35 shot on top of everything I should be able to break 400whp and 300wtq which would allow me to have some fun runs with a few nice cars around here. I already have an automatic bottle heater too =D

The primaries I measured on the ASP are 1 7/8" I believe. I'll be working on the exhaust this weekend I'm using kteller piping and Burns stainless muffler. Muffler weighs less than 3lbs.

The aftercooler core is one of the first ones ever and so far it has been good. Car has high 12's in it just 3rd gear is so hard to hit perfectly, that most times I have a little trouble getting it in, so I lose a little time.

The primaries I measured on the ASP are 1 7/8" I believe. I'll be working on the exhaust this weekend I'm using kteller piping and Burns stainless muffler. Muffler weighs less than 3lbs.

The aftercooler core is one of the first ones ever and so far it has been good. Car has high 12's in it just 3rd gear is so hard to hit perfectly, that most times I have a little trouble getting it in, so I lose a little time.
    Very nice. I may go with the ASP header. I'm going to call both ASP and Hytech and see who can make a header that matches my setup.

Cool man. Do you have a Buddy Club SS? Hybrid-Racing Shifter Cable Bushings? H-R Shifter Base Bushings? MTEC Inc Shift Springs? Also another thing you can do is get the 1st-5th fully carbon lined syncros by Syncrotech (clubrsx.com has em). I have all the above because my old shifter setup wasn't tight with positive engagements and now with all the parts I listed + a few more my trans should be butter smooth with no trouble shifting 1-5th @ redline (~7800rpm for my K24).

Also what clutch are you running? I have a CC Stage 4 but I think I'm going to buy a Stage 2 or 3 to replace it for smoother engagement etc. What's your trap speed in the 1/4?

I went to the track last night was able to get 2 runs with a 12.9 ET. Pretty happy with the supercharger and the a3

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information