Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cool, I'm glad this was useful. on the grey 5 wire harness there is a small "door" that opens to release each wire individually when you slide a precision flathead inside each wire port. I struggled with getting the wires out myself until I opened the "door' of the harness.

as far as replacing the fogs themselves, HandA has them for $95. I've read a lot of horror stories about ebay fogs, so I would stay with OEM lights. just my opinion though. http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html

yeah,i tried the door too,i think the precision screwdriver i was using might have been too small,i asked a few guys on here[U] they said as long as you just swap the light housings themselves they are pretty much the same,the stories i have read all have to do with the harness that comes with them that i wouldnt need to use,the bulbs are the same so they said all i have to swap is the housings themselves,thanks bro.

cool, that's good to know the housings are the same.

wondering if this can be done with 04-05 fogs, the wiring on the switch is slightly different

Quote Originally Posted by Supaduck View Post
    wondering if this can be done with 04-05 fogs, the wiring on the switch is slightly different
    i've tried this on both my 03 ep and my 04 ep. the 03 ep this worked fine for the 4 years i owned her. with the 04, it wasnt as smooth. what i noticed with this mod is that the headlights would get power for a quick second and then discharge. that isn't good if you're running HIDs

Keep in mind the 02/03 cabin harness for the oem fogs is different from the 04/05 cabin harness
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Ive always wanted this feature and im still baffled why honda designed them this way to begin with, I have an 04 and on the verge of getting HID's so it looks like im SOL

I had the flicker problem, but all you have to do is push the lever foward into high beam mode, and they wont flicker when you lock or unlock your car. Then when you drive at night just switch it back to low beam. You just have to remember to push it back foward before you get out.

I'm waiting for my fog, when i get it will give it a try. thanks

Moonsi fogs kit allow me to do this, but I want to mod fogs off when high beams are on just to pass the state inspection.

so i have the 04-05 kit. The wire colors don't match this DIY(as already determined). Mine is OEM, any ideas on the pin numbers or wire colors to do this to mine?
    Last edited by dble0; 04-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information