Close

Diy vtec selenoid removal and cleaning help

Hi guys i looked around and need some help like the title states!

I've done all the regular check ups going with the P1259 code and the last few times i had techs at my shop do it. (they said to clean the screen before buying a new one)

So since i've never done it if someone could send me a step by link or pics that would be great!!!

Well luckily i fixed the problem myself by buying a helms manual and just cleaning the screen myself!

Runs like a charm again!!!

bump, p1259 came up, car sat for a while, like 3 months, becasue the heater realy went on me, and it took that long for my honda dealership to get one, napa or auto parts plus didnt have a clue where to find one, anyways got the realy swapped by a mechanics shop, becasue i ddint know where it was and if it was even it, anyways i drive the car and i'm throwing the code, new oil change before the car sat, oil level is good. is there a vtec relay or anything in the area of the heater relay? could anything have gone wrong during their install?

how does a guy check out the continuity? multimeter it out and see if there is continuity if i rev past 2500 orrrr whats the deal... cars in limp mode, drove it to the farms heated shop and i'm gonna go head out there tomorrow to look at it..

any screen cleaning tips, i remember there used to be a DIY on cleaning it, or i thought there was, i could be wrong, but if anyone can help me, this is the closest thread i could find relating to my problem.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=719558

found what i need... i'll let you know if i get my vtaaaak back :P

Thread Information