Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

yay new flywheel

so just got my new flywheel in the mail today thanks to nick at THMotorsports. i ordered my exedy light weight fly and stage 1 exedy clutch on monday and recieved the flywheel today and clutch is expected tomorrow. so ill post a review after the install this weekend. im so excited

I'm about ready to replace mine and this combo was my first choice. Interested to hear how you like it. I know its not a drastic change but if you need to replace you might as well upgrade a bit. What mods do you have?

Yeah I am thinking of selling my typeS flywheel and go the route you are

yeah had mine installed for like 10k its amazing, its even lighter and easier to drive than my stock clutch, my 02 sensor went kaputz when i replaced it so check that just in case, it feels great, since i just got the o2 fixed i havent seen any milage results cus it sucked ill let you know soon! do it!

Hope you like it dude!!!!

finally did my install today it took longer than i expected. so all i need to do is put the subframe back on and time to drive.

i've had the EXEDY light-weight flywheel and the exedy stage 2 clutch for more than a year and love it. Take your time breaking it in & you will luv it. At first I thought getting a 8.9lb flywheel along with a three puck stage 2 clutch would drastically affect daily drivability....but so far nothing bad except slight clutch chatter at start-up which goes away after warm-up. love how the combo makes my k20a2 revs come quick. Exedy makes a fine product.... a reason why they are the OEM supplier for many Japanese car makers

so got about 95 miles on the new setup. i want it to be broken in now haha. cant wait to get on it, i like how it drives so far. its not like what i was expecting, i have had the stage two in my old honda i think i am wishing that i went that route again. i just like the feel of the 3 puck compaired to this clutch but who knows yet cuz i cant fet on it. so i figured out what was wrong with my stock clutch, it was that damn spring it broke and pieces were floating around in there.

congrats... TH motorsports is awesome, always have had a good time buying from them without any problems.

How long did it take you to do the clutch? Did you use a lift or just in the driveway kind of thing?

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    awesome drew.. i wanna feel how this is . and u can see how mine is .. ima get the CC4 and reuse my 10lb wheel on my k24

it took a little while i ran into trouble with the ball joints coming loose. so i went to harbor freight and picked up a pitman puller and damn that thing worked fantastic. but i dont have a lift yet so i did it in the garage. but as soon as the subframe was off the trans came off in no time at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ES1 View Post
    How long did it take you to do the clutch? Did you use a lift or just in the driveway kind of thing?

hell yeah dre looks like im gunna be stuck going to new york tomorow but next weekend lets meet up i should have it all broken in by then. and possibly some hondata my girl is gettin me that for xmas so sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    awesome drew.. i wanna feel how this is . and u can see how mine is .. ima get the CC4 and reuse my 10lb wheel on my k24

ok its broke in and i finally get to rip on it. it pulls nice feels good but something else is wrong. when i shift into 2nd and sometimes 3rd it bangs or clunks or suttin it seems like its gettin massive wheel hop. i checked over everything cant seem to find what it is. something def sounds wrong feels wrong when it happens. it doesnt do it drivin regular only when i dump the clutch or really rip on it.

maybe you forot to tighten a bolt for one off the motor mounts.. it sounds like somthing is not tighten down right.. just go back and double check all.. did you tighten the flywheel bolts to the right specs and in the proper pattern.. take starter out or the dust sheild under under and behind the flywheel and make sure its not loose. make sure all bolts that hold transmission in are all tight. let us know what you find out.. if you can't figure it out text me..719-217-3304

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information