Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UPDATE!

So, school is over and I finally have time to take a closer look at the car.

#1: SURPRISE! I invited a friend over to help diagnose the problem and when I tried to show him the "weak cranking noise" .... The car started right up! What the hell!? Remember, I was driving not too long ago, and everything stopped apart from the electrical, and it wouldn't start for the 4-5 attempts thereafter. This resulted in my vehicle being towed to my house.

#2: Since it started, we thought it might be a good idea just to check out the general health of the engine anyway. The valve cover is off......and BAM!

That has got to be one of the worst looking camshafts I've ever seen. It's all good though, I am planning to have the engine swapped for an identical one anyway. Now, regarding the swap, what do you guys think would be a fair charge for labor?

charge for labor? My advise if your going to swap to the same motor, why not have the other ephatchers in your area help you swap it for beer and pizza? That way it would be cheaper.

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Yeah, seriously. Its a half day job. Especially with plenty of help. Surely some folks will lend a hand.

ephatch member
    save the labor costs and put it towards a k24a1 and run it with 310cc injectors and your stock ecu. As long as you don't have any bolt-ons it should run just fine and give you more of a grunt or even a k24a4.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    charge for labor? My advise if your going to swap to the same motor, why not have the other ephatchers in your area help you swap it for beer and pizza? That way it would be cheaper.
    Although that is the ideal case, I don't think there are enough ep owners out here. I mean, I even have access to an engine hoist and all... Oh well.

i wish i can help
    but i am so noob when it comes to auto engine stuffs

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    to bad u live so far away. Ive been sitting on a k20a3 for so long that i want just gone. Even has stage 2 cams installed

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    to bad u live so far away. Ive been sitting on a k20a3 for so long that i want just gone. Even has stage 2 cams installed
    Where are you located? Need an a3!

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    where abouts are you located?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information