Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how to make your side markers blink and stay on!!!!!!

1.first remove side marker your going to push it towards the rear end of the ep3 then kinda pull it out at the same time its not hard.

2.once you got the side marker off then you will see a green and a black wire the green wire, is the one you want to extend to be able to run it to the head light, the black how ever you will not use just clip it and delete it.

3.ok now that you have ran what ever wire you decided to use threw your fender well now heres where what you want to do run it to your little bulb in the head light just unplug the bulb, there you will see a red and black wire, clip and strip the red wire and now wire the extension you made for the marker to it. make sure you got it nicely wired and tight you don't want it to come lose and blow a fuse!

4.now that you have done all 3 steps make sure you deleted the black wire from your side marker good and make sure where you wired your extension of the green wire on the side marker to the head light is nice and tightly wired turn you ep3 on and check the signals and also push your emergency lights and make sure they work!

your done enjoy!
    Last edited by Bificus; 12-01-2008 at 06:34 AM.

sorry i dident add pics i took some and made a video too will up load both as soon as i can i have to go to work now p.m. if you want to try and need more details t i typed this up real quick to share with you guys soo yeah just shoot me a message if you need help or if i didnt explain somthing clear

..or you could tap into the bumper light
    PSN: theehuggybear

well i guess this is for those of us who don't have bumper lights then....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    ..or you could tap into the bumper light
    maybe its just me, but my bumper lights don't blink...

So, just hook the green to the red/black wire from the little bulb in the head light and tape off the black wire? Very simple, but does it work properly though?

pics and videos please
    Last edited by joneSi; 12-02-2008 at 06:34 PM.

ive done this to my ep3, i tapped into the bumper light, and now my side markers are always on and blink aswell,
    the only bad thing is they blink of sequence with the front and rear signals,

OH and BTW normally, the bumper lights dont blink at all, they just stay on front and rear

if you attach to bumper light, are the wires the same color as the small bulb in headlight?
    also what type of wire do you use for the extension

pictures dont show, can you pm them to me?

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_my_ep3! View Post
    1.first remove side marker your going to push it towards the rear end of the ep3 then kinda pull it out at the same time its not hard.

2.once you got the side marker off then you will see a green and a black wire the green wire, is the one you want to extend to be able to run it to the head light, the black how ever you will not use just clip it and delete it.

3.ok now that you have ran what ever wire you decided to use threw your fender well now heres where what you want to do run it to your little bulb in the head light just unplug the bulb, there you will see a red and black wire, clip and strip the red wire and now wire the extension you made for the marker to it. Make sure you got it nicely wired and tight you don't want it to come lose and blow a fuse!

4.now that you have done all 3 steps make sure you deleted the black wire from your side marker good and make sure where you wired your extension of the green wire on the side marker to the head light is nice and tightly wired turn you ep3 on and check the signals and also push your emergency lights and make sure they work!

Your done enjoy!
    wrong!!

the red wire from the side marker(which is the power) goes to the little light up top on your head light, splice into its power also,now the Ground wire from the side marker goes to the power of the turn signal. its that easy now watch those bad boys stay on and blink legit

Quote Originally Posted by 3ree_P View Post
    the red wire from the side marker(which is the power) goes to the little light up top on your head light, splice into its power also,now the Ground wire from the side marker goes to the power of the turn signal. its that easy now watch those bad boys stay on and blink legit
    Are you saying this will make the sidemarkers blink in unison with the headlight ones?
    I have yet to see anybody set them up so they aren't blinking out of sequence- like the video posted above...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ree_P View Post
    Now, we got the thing to work properly. Please post video. I really want to do this mod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information