Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post DC Race Headers - PROS & CONS

Hello my fellow EP Lovers...

Long story short, I am being offered a DC RACE HEADERS in exchange for my Graphic Works...
    I am more interested in getting a Skunk2 Headers from them but they cost around $800 CAN.
    Meanwhile they have DCRC in stock and ready and much cheaper...

... anyways, I just want to know your opinions on this DC.
    Is it worth it? How much Horses will this add on a stock engine? O and by the way, down the road I want to swap a tsx K24 engine, would i still be able to use this during the swap?

revned3182

If you are swaping then i would wait and work on getting the swap first because you may have to get a different race header. or get K-pro first.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    IMO, DCRH's are total pieces of shit. The flex pipes break and leak, and doesn't have correct cylinder pairing. For the money, you can't beat the Kidd Racing (CRSX header).

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    had one for my ep3 years ago, it was cucka. . . rotted after a year.

imo buy a stainless header with proper primary placement even if its for a type-s just get a type-s midpipe

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

rathat go OBX than DC. That is what I did...

I like the design of ep3 and dc5 headers. the first two fittings on the primaries are 45 deg fittings. Unlike there design, the K series swap headers have two 90 deg bends on the primaires/ beginning of secondaries.

Pro: cheap, makes good power with Kpro. Has great mid range gains and carries the mid range into the top end very well. Welds are flux core and on MS header which are easy to do and make stronger welds than a bad tig welder on cheap SS

Cons: Does not have as good as top end other top end headers out there.

Kpro is the way to make the DC header shine with the other bolt ons

Please post in the correct Sub-Forum... You'll get better responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Heitzke View Post
    IMO, DCRH's are total pieces of shit. The flex pipes break and leak, and doesn't have correct cylinder pairing. For the money, you can't beat the Kidd Racing (CRSX header).
    I completely agree with him.

if you run a race header with a flex.....upgrade to engine mount inserts or upgrade to a solid mount with 60A bushings. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SandBagger View Post
    if you run a race header with a flex.....upgrade to engine mount inserts or upgrade to a solid mount with 60A bushings. thanks.
    The flex pipe sections will still wear out. It's really just not a good design. If you're buying a new header, there are much better options out there
    Last edited by SICaudio; 12-10-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: kpro is still available...

I have had plenty of headers. I was just trying to offer some good advice if the guy bought a DC header, use engine mount inserts. With that being said I didn't have the flex break on me with a DC race header. I ran it for 40K and no problems.
    Right I have an Rcrew header...I welded a Vibrant SS flex on it.

i rather get different race header then DC race header.... in my oppinion i think they suck...

Quote Originally Posted by SandBagger View Post
    I have had plenty of headers. I was just trying to offer some good advice if the guy bought a DC header, use engine mount inserts. With that being said I didn't have the flex break on me with a DC race header. I ran it for 40K and no problems.
    Right I have an Rcrew header...I welded a Vibrant SS flex on it.
    Right, as I am. I've had a SS DCRH, a ceramic DCRH and now a JRRH. I've also installed and seen 2 broken DCRH on my friend's RSX who also had MM inserts. If he's buying a new header, there are better options for the money.

an ep3 specific race header will work on a tsx swap, im using one on mine, not a dc sports one but it fit....just had to take it to an exhaust shop because part of the exhaust was hitting the underside of the car

Quote Originally Posted by SwA View Post
    i rather get different race header then DC race header.... in my oppinion i think they suck...
    x2 ...I agree...I think they suck for our EP's but were actually better for the older civics.

i have Type S DC race headers for over 2 years now. no problem and i made good power out of it. i dynod 162whp 126tq.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information