Close

k24a4 HELP!!!!!!!!

hi guys kinda a noob to k24's and just wanted to know what i have to do to put my k20a3 head on a k24a4 block and have it run correctly in my 03 si. i just got an k24a4 block given to me and id rather build that than my a3 block so any info would really help thanks guys!!

What is your over all goal? are you going to leave the block stock or build it? do you plan to run kpro? It all going to depend on what you want to spend.. or not spend..

i already have kpro and i plan on running sleeved 11:1 pistons on crower rods just want to know what i need to attach the a3 head to a k24a4 block

ephatch member
    Don't do all that work and ruin it with putting an a3 head on it. Skip the sleeving(not needed for that low of compression) and pick up a k24a1 head and do a vtec killer setup or buy a vtec head.

a k24 a1 head has the same cam design as the k20a3 right so i dont have to change the intake and all that suff?

ephatch member
    yes, get a k24a1 head, take the exhaust rockers off your a3 and shave them down and put them on the intake side of the a1 head. Pick up some a2 cams and I would recommend a2 valvesprings. That would be a decent motor, but honestly I wouldn't bother going with aftermarket rods and pistons unless the a4 block needs to be bored out. I would see if just a hone would work and go with tsx rods and pistons which are 10.5 or the 09 tsx pistons that are 11.1 or something like that.
    Last edited by MugsyTheGr8; 12-02-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Thread Information