Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    its a Tegiwa Imports silicone intake hose. SFS, Tegiwa and SSR all make the silicone intake intake pipes. I got mine shipped from the UK like 2 years ago and love it.

Cool ill have to look into it. How much was it?

like $90 landed...but I bought a ton of stuff from them at the same time, so shipping wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    like $90 landed...but I bought a ton of stuff from them at the same time, so shipping wasn't too bad.
    Gotcha. Sounds a little pricey for a silicone tube. I may just try the intake tube and cut it to fit. Love your sig. Inflames is awesome. Toobad about the guitarist leaving though.

Just looking back on the thread now on the topic of heat tape I had done the bottom of my box about a year ago after my airbox test. No intake air temp data though. Still havent gotten a chance to run a cool air duct either, so many other projects on the car have take priority, but some day it will get done! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Just looking back on the thread now on the topic of heat tape I had done the bottom of my box about a year ago after my airbox test. No intake air temp data though. Still havent gotten a chance to run a cool air duct either, so many other projects on the car have take priority, but some day it will get done! lol

Thats pretty similar to mine. I did the top half of the box as well but only the side next to the engine. Doesnt look tacky. Cant really tell unless you get up on the side and look.. i also used gorilla tape and blocked off both ports to the top tube. I kno it sounds bad using tape. But that shit is strong.its been about a week and im going to check it again later to day and see how it holds up. I didnt really notice too much differance at first but now im noticing a little better pick up.my throttle sticks a little which i feel affects it as well.does anyone know how to lube the throttle cable?

Where is your car from? The engine bay looks slightly differant than mine. Mostly that tank beside your washer fluid and your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    Where is your car from? The engine bay looks slightly differant than mine. Mostly that tank beside your washer fluid and your battery.
    Its a US model. If you look closely you'll see that I've retrofitted the car with an 06 RSX Type S hydraulic power steering setup, so the left side of the bay looks a bit different than what you're used to seeing. The battery is mounted in a custom tray so its positioned a bit different than stock.

I thought something was odd about it. Whats the reason for he powersteering change?

Btw about the heat tape. After a few spirited dri es. I reach to the airbox and notice the tape side is hot but the oppiside side of the box is much cooler than it used to be before the tape.

just another thing i saw, the K&N apollo kit. i think it may work well with the induction hose run straight down away from all the heat.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-s...pipe-bend.html

dame crazy stuff

This may seem cheap/ghetto, but what about using an inline airbox?
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-9833/

Supposedly it flows 650 cfm, do you guys think it would be enough?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information