Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the hondata mod done + a flexible intake hose similar to this one on my setup and love it. I didnt route mine down like that, but instead its routed up to the front grill instead. I love this setup..been running it for over a year and a half now.

Nice! I just want to know if anyone has noticed a difference between before the Hondata mod and after the mod. I dont wanna tear up stock parts If I dont have to. I have been running a K&N typhoon short ram before this mod. And, sadly, this mod is soooooo much more effective. After this I actually have put my Typhoon on eBay because its useless. My Ep is being kept as a sleeper. People here in Alabama think that hatches are shit. Until they get smoked. And at the next light their like "Holy Shit!! What are you runnin?" lol. EP's!!! FTW!!!

This is a badass idea. Pretty kool how ppl innovate the stock stuff to save money but at the same time producing more power than some of the aftermarket parts

Has anyone the run duct with a mushroom filter or some sort of other filtration in the front lower grill to prevent leaves, dirt, etc from going in to the airbox? I been thinking about doing it for a while now but haven't had a chance to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I have the hondata mod done + a flexible intake hose similar to this one on my setup and love it. I didnt route mine down like that, but instead its routed up to the front grill instead. I love this setup..been running it for over a year and a half now.
    pics please : )

Quote Originally Posted by theMan_ny View Post
    Has anyone the run duct with a mushroom filter or some sort of other filtration in the front lower grill to prevent leaves, dirt, etc from going in to the airbox? I been thinking about doing it for a while now but haven't had a chance to do it.
    i think the filter on the front might be restrictive. a mesh might work. the air filter should be plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    pics please : )
    I second that motion lol

should put the velocity stack in the foglight spot in the bumper, if you don't have a fog light.
    or be awesome and take one out lol.

ive seen a bumper cut out for a stack, some guy with a vtec killer set up had it. idk if he built a short intake that leads to or not. looked pretty sick tho, and a built intake like that would sound gnarly! also on hondatech, maybe a member here, a guy did make a fog light "snorkel"... he has a mugen intake tho.

looked right quick to find vids/pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69181254@N04/6289708733/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/69181254@N04/6289708203/

my idea was to put a stack behind the grill on the right side. a chrome one would look sick behind the SI lol. i just reinstalled my modded airbox yesterday... ill def be trying this this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    i think the filter on the front might be restrictive. a mesh might work. the air filter should be plenty.
    Hmmm. So the stock airbox filter should catch all the leafs and stuff? I'm probably putting my stock intake again run a duct with an extra filter just to be safe since I live in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    thanks. it works really well. although the engine bay doesnt look quite as "cool" wihtout some colored or polished intake. i still like it.
    Have you measured air intake temps with the pipe in place?

Hmmm. So the stock airbox filter should catch all the leafs and stuff? I'm probably putting my stock intake again run a duct with an extra filter just to be safe since I live in the desert.
    yep. you will find them in the box when you clean out your filter... i live in a dusty desert too! that's why i wanted to get rid of an open element filter.

thought i would add a picture my airbox:

straight shot to the filter:

i was pretty proud of how much of the stock box i got rid of...kinda scary while i hacking away. about half ways i thought out loud "what have i done..." lol

imagine looking at this "half way through"!
    Last edited by tlikethedrink; 03-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.

I'm putting my stock intake back again. I read your other thread and made me realize that the CAI isn't worth it. lol. I need the best MPG I can get now since gas just keeps getting expensive.

I'm putting my stock intake back again. I read your other thread and made me realize that the CAI isn't worth it. lol. I need the best MPG I can get now since gas just keeps getting expensive.
    yeah no kidding. it paid 3.7x the other day. my mpgs were not hurt too much by the mods actually. i think my avg is about 28-29 with bolt-ons, with stock exhaust and modded airbox i got about the same on my road trip this past weekend. but then again i was doing about 85-90mp- not a fair comparison.

the airbox itself isnt a bad mod all on its own.now all i need is a k and n filter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information