Close

ephatch member

Will changing the tip of OBX twinloop change the sound?

Alright so here's my dilemma, I just recently bought my EP3 and it is mostly stock with a few mods. It came with the Hondata reflash, a catback exhaust and that's basically it for performance. The exhaust was originally a Tsudo from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...Q5fAccessories

But the previous owner cut the muffler off and welded on an OBX twin loop in its place. To me, this was awesome because the exhaust sounds great and has the perfect tone, but the problem is, the long tip on the twin loop muffler sticks out beyond the muffler and I am not feeling the look of it at all.

My plan was to have the tip cut off the twin loop, and have some type of twin tip welded on, to give it more of the stock appearance. My question is, will modifying just the tip of the muffler change the sound/tone of it?

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

i would just modify the length of the pipe that attaches to the midpipe and adjust mounting position
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

ephatch member
    I was sitting here thinking about that too wondering if the actual exhaust piping could be shortened. I am assuming the exhaust hanger would have to be modified as well once the pipe was shortened? I will have the car in the air hopefully tonight if it stops snowing here and I can take a better look with some pics maybe.

Thread Information