Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question driver side lower than pass side

so this is my story ephatch.

i acquired megan racing coilovers for cheap from a local member. they needed a little TLC nothing i couldnt take care of, so i installed them and the ride height seemed the same on all 4 corners. after sometime the wheel gap has changed dramatically imo. the driver side now has pretty much no finger gap between the top of the tire to the fender. while on the other hand the pass side has a 1 finger gap to half a finger gap. i don't understand what is it? i'm a heavier guy around 230, so i'm not sure if it's my weight b/c i usually ride solo, but i'm not sure about that idea. if anyone has any input please help me. thanks in advance

You should look into getting the car counter balanced man..... the drivers side is a little heavier if I remember.

I had the same problem on my passenger side with the Megans. My issue was that the bottom collar for adjusting the ride height was coming loose as I turned the wheel from left to right. All I did was threaded on the extra collar that came with the coilovers and "double locked" the bottom collar down. Now I don't have any mysterious ride height changes.

You can check to see if this is the problem by just inspecting the coilover while its on your car and if the bottom collar is loose then slap on another one. If you didn't get an extra one with your set then call up Megan and get them to ship you one.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellecTEC View Post
    I had the same problem on my passenger side with the Megans. My issue was that the bottom collar for adjusting the ride height was coming loose as I turned the wheel from left to right. All I did was threaded on the extra collar that came with the coilovers and "double locked" the bottom collar down. Now I don't have any mysterious ride height changes.

You can check to see if this is the problem by just inspecting the coilover while its on your car and if the bottom collar is loose then slap on another one. If you didn't get an extra one with your set then call up Megan and get them to ship you one.
    the wierdest thing is that my megan racing coilovers the 2 front struts' ride height collars were locktite to the same level so i'm not sure if what youre saying will apply to my situation. thanks though i'll try your method out and see if it works out for me

anyone else bump?

广州本田
    Andrew, if everything was measured correctly at install, it could be possible that the spring collars came loose over time, I would get under there and check.

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    Andrew, if everything was measured correctly at install, it could be possible that the spring collars came loose over time, I would get under there and check.
    Wen, isnt the collar where the spring is for the preload? does that also affect the ride height? because i thought the ride height collars were lock tite so i didnt think it would move. oh yeah i still need to meet up with you sometime for the extra locking collars and instructions

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Wen, isnt the collar where the spring is for the preload? does that also affect the ride height? because i thought the ride height collars were lock tite so i didnt think it would move. oh yeah i still need to meet up with you sometime for the extra locking collars and instructions
    Those collar still affect the height if moved. Yeah man just let me know when you wanna meet up, im free most of the time.

Those collar still affect the height if moved. Yeah man just let me know when you wanna meet up, im free most of the time.
    damn foreals? i didnt know that well i'll most likley get that checked up in like the next few weeks. is it a MUST thing to do? because i have no time what so ever this week? oh and lmk what your school schedule is like for next quarter so we can meet up? just pm dude

Preload!!!! Sometimes some springs settle more then others. That's why you have to mess with the preload. In some cases you will either have to add more or take some out depending on weight distribution. This is exactly how i set up my car! After i chose my desired ride height i made sure everything was the same length. Then i waited a few weeks for the springs to settle and did the preload adjustment to level the car. And it so happened that the drivers side was slightly lower or heavier.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    Preload!!!! Sometimes some springs settle more then others. That's why you have to mess with the preload. In some cases you will either have to add more or take some out depending on weight distribution. This is exactly how i set up my car! After i chose my desired ride height i made sure everything was the same length. Then i waited a few weeks for the springs to settle and did the preload adjustment to level the car. And it so happened that the drivers side was slightly lower or heavier.
    thanks for the confirmation dude! i can honestly say i like how it looks on the drivers side b/c it is more "dumped" but one question. what is the easiest way to adjust the preload for the pass side so it looks equally lowered? i dont have instructions or anything with me so any ideas?

广州本田
    thanks for the confirmation dude! i can honestly say i like how it looks on the drivers side b/c it is more "dumped" but one question. what is the easiest way to adjust the preload for the pass side so it looks equally lowered? i dont have instructions or anything with me so any ideas?
    no instructions are needed, all you need is something to measure with

no instructions are needed, all you need is something to measure with
    awesome lol i'm about to lower the preload on the pass side then thanks guys!
    Last edited by VegaS10; 12-06-2008 at 06:28 PM.

awesome lol i'm about to lower the preload on the pass side then thanks guys!
    Just make sure you dont undo it to much to where the spring comes loose.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    Just make sure you dont undo it to much to where the spring comes loose.
    would it be bad? sorry for all the nub questions these are my first pair of coilovers and the spanner wrenches arent the best so ive been using a screwdriver and a hammer to tighten and loosen the collars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information