Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EP3 w/ K20A swap O2 Sensor Trouble

Whats going on guys,

I have an 02 EP3 with a K20A swap, and I cannot get my A/F sensor to work to save my life. I have checked fuses and continuity. I have also replaced it with the oem part. Mods include cold air, clutch, and flywheel. Car idles horribly and smells horrible. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the sensor receiver that is on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany47 View Post
    Whats going on guys,

I have an 02 EP3 with a K20A swap, and I cannot get my A/F sensor to work to save my life. I have checked fuses and continuity. I have also replaced it with the oem part. Mods include cold air, clutch, and flywheel. Car idles horribly and smells horrible. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the sensor receiver that is on the car?
    you have k20a ecu or kpro?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

k20a

k20a
    that could be your problem why its running poorly...k20a requires something like 94 japanese octane which is like us 104 octane or some shit, american 93 is not going to come close to the flame propagation properties of the japanese fuel

when the 02 sensor fails, the motor typically just runs in a default rich mixture in my experience and runs fine

also what header are you running? are you running the stock k20a ITR/CTR header with the cat and a working secondary or are you running an aftermarket header with an 02 sim?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Ive read that people use kpro to get rid of the light all together. Im using the ecu that came with the K20A3 that was in my car previously. The only code im throwing is the O2 sensor, and when I was changing it the connector came off the car. I think I may have wired it wrong. Do you know what the wires are for? The colors are blue, white, green, and red/black. Im using the stock header with a cat and the secondary sensor works fine.

ive read that people use kpro to get rid of the light all together. Im using the ecu that came with the k20a3 that was in my car previously. The only code im throwing is the o2 sensor, and when i was changing it the connector came off the car. I think i may have wired it wrong. Do you know what the wires are for? The colors are blue, white, green, and red/black. Im using the stock header with a cat and the secondary sensor works fine.
    oh fawk dude, you cant run a k20a on a stock k20a3 ecu and have it run properly and the stock header and cat off the a3 is going to restrict the shit out of it (if thats what you are saying you are using, since you didnt say if it was a stock k20a3 or k20a header/cat)

these two engines are wildly different, you need kpro

and they use kpro to get rid of the light from secondary o2 when using an aftermarket header without a cat
    my ep is white...

Ok. Will everything run correctly if I keep the Stock header and cat but get kpro??

Ok. Will everything run correctly if I keep the Stock header and cat but get kpro??
    it may run correctly, but the stock k20a3 header and cat were designed for a much lower compression ratio and hp output...i highly suggest getting atleast an ITR/CTR header/cat combo for your k20a, its whats supposed to be there so the engine breathes properly...

also follow up on your o2 sensor, i cant help you on the wiring, but there should be a thread on here somewhere about what wires go where, search for o2 replacement or something...iirc the thread was something about wiring up the plug onto a bosch o2 or something
    my ep is white...

It will run ok with the stock header and cat but not as good as it would with type r or aftermarket header and cat. The most important thing you need is kpro, no sense having that motor without kpro because it will run like ass. You may even damage the motor running it with a stock ep3 ecu.

K-pro is Needed.... end of story.
    Last edited by davisj3537; 12-08-2008 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forevapmp View Post

K-pro is Needed.... end of story.

Ok thanks. Ill be ordering Kpro soon and Ill let you guys know how it works out. Thanks for responding so fast.

Ok thanks. Ill be ordering Kpro soon and Ill let you guys know how it works out. Thanks for responding so fast.
    Yeah dude don't start the car again till you get Kpro!!!!!!!!!!

I think its strange someone plunked down a bunch of cash for a k20a and didnt know about kpro or the difference between the k20a3 and k20a.. just my thoughts..

I know its strange. A complete beginner error. To be honest I was under the impression that the ecu worked with it. I was misinformed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information