Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hey what am i chopped nuts?LOL

who can beat these numbers 150 and130 with JUST an AEM CAI and 2.25 catback to N1 !!!!

Joe --Who wants to be king of .... well something LOL :)

hey hondata, hows the R+D going on the si?

Your right Joe. So we could surmise that you would benifit the most from a TB mod? I mean you are still running the stock header right? Nice indeed. See if you can get past on doing that. It would be very interesting Joe seeing as the stock header is a nice torque gain. Good Luck! you could easily add say 7-8 hp and 6 tq. nice. Then yes you would be king of torque and hp.:angel:

ephatch member
    hey im from Toronto, just woundering where you guys bored out your throttle bodies and the price it went for? = )

Canuck
    Whenever you guys dyno your cars on an inertia dyno such as Dynojet, try not to read the whp figure off the little spike that happens at the end of the dyno run. The dyno program lists the max whp from that little spike, but it is a bit misleading. That is just an effect of the drivetrain pushing off on the dyno drums as power cuts out, happens quite frequently, that little spike can be worth up to 4 whp. The flat part of the power curve just before the spike is more representative of the actual power before redline.

Genozide, we got the TB's done at Forest and Forest Racing, in Kitchener, you would have to call them for pricing as I am not sure what they charge the general public as I get pretty good deals from them because of the business I have done with them over the years. If you are in Toronto you may want to check out Leitner and Bush, they do top notch work on Honda throttle bodies and have good turn-around time. If you need any contact info for either one let me know and I can pm it to you.

Talking

Well said Joey, torque is hard to fake (there is a finite amount). HP readings, such as the cuttoff don't mean much, I agree. The only thing I take to heart about it is that we have so much more room up top for more hp in the higher revs. Would be surprised if someone got 140 ft-lbs out of this engine NA. The type-s sits between 120-125 throughout its torqure curve after hondata has tuned. If you look at my dyno sheet closely you will see that I am making more hp and tq than a hondata tuned type-s up to 6500 rpm. Not bad imho.;)

myeverlovinsir.......

I hate to ask this question cause its kind of lame, but how much (ballpark figure) would you say all of this including the new tb job has cost ya? I just want to know how much it costs to make our cars n/a up to specs

Also bro, does the car feel lots faster?

Canuck
    I can say this is the cheapest set of mods I have ever invested in to get up to 150whp - 155 whp. On my 99 SiR I had to spend more than three times as much.

Ballpark costs in US funds -
    In my case we have - SRI Intake (170), Header (170), Midpipe (100), Throttle Body (100). So total cost $540 US funds excluding taxes and shipping and all that stuff . Good for 17whp gains approx. I spent a lot more money playing and swapping different parts though, plus a couple hundred dollars on the dyno.

I just modified the stock intake, if it works as well as the SRI , we can take $170 off the top numbers. Not quite sure how it compares at this point in time though, hard to tell without putting it on a dyno.

So does the car feel faster ? , yes mostly in top end power, it is more responsive as well. Does it feel a lot faster ? , not a huge amount as small power gains are difficult to judge by the butt dyno especially when done in stages - one mod. after the other. The gains look pretty impressive on a real dyno.

Your up there with rsx - s speed now arn't you...Do you think it would be a drivers race with your car and a type s? The still have more whp though dont they? Thanks for the info man -peace

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news, BUT in stock form the RSX-S makes almost 20 more whp but a smidgen less torque than the best modified ep right now

stock rsx-s stock 169 whp (@ wheels)
    stock ep- 138 @ wheels
    modified ep (miamijdm's) 157 whp I/H/E
    modified rsx-s - 189 whp I/E (I HAVE pics of this guys dyno run and video to prove it !! To say the least my jaw dropped with those numbers, and that was with a Injen SRI and Fujitsubo exhaust)

soooooo.... we arent rsx-s eaters but hey we might give em a run for there money you know...what is working in our advantage Tuning wise from what i can gather is Hondata is able to make some pretty impressive gains with ecu tuning, and supposedly since our intake manifold and TB is the same exact as the S we like to make power up top unlike the base rsx which restrictive manifold and smaller TB makes more torque but less whp. so who knows, kinda funny though how honda made the SI better than the RSX base :) --But im ok with that! -Joe :)

Word - thats fine that they are faster - for the money we can make our car faster probably. After all they are about 6k more than our car. If we put 6k into our motor - blaaaamo! hehe. Is the S getting good torque gains aswell has hp? Or mostly hp gains? Thanks for the info -peace

Originally posted by Dunrick
    Your up there with rsx - s speed now arn't you...Do you think it would be a drivers race with your car and a type s? The still have more whp though dont they? Thanks for the info man -peace
    always a drivers race, but yes I now have more power up to 6500rpm compared to the dyno sheet on hondatas site for the K20A2 tuned. imagine the added rpm in the type-s is still a factor in a race.
    Keep in mind that the hondata tuned type-s is stock I believe, and the same modifications that I made would drastically make the type-s a much bigger beast.

Skidtron89
    What kind of time do you think that setup is running? Modern-perf's car is pretty fast I'd say 14.5ish like a Mustang GT in comparison to me. I think he is the top dog for NA if you include swaps in that.

I won't say that a swap even compares, much more money. I will be running 1/4's come spring and think 14's is reasonable. We'll see.

Skidtron89
    High or low 14's have you raced any cars that we can compare your car to. I'm not trying to corner you just trying to get an idea of how fast your car is.

MY post was not an ATTACK on you nor was i stating anything about my car or yours, just wanted you to come back down to what we like to call earth. anyways. No more posts like this, back to the original topic at hand. --Thank you -Joe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information