Close

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EMUSA info

I think it can handle it, I ran it hard and raced it hard all summer. I just took the turbo off a few days ago and it was just like new NO shaft play at all. I haven't upgraded yet I just keep the turbonetics around in case I need it. I have seen a few ebay turbo kits on D's/B's and this is the best quality kit I have seen. Worse case scenario you get it rebuilt by blastt performance in Quebec to Garrett specs for $250, still cheaper than buying another turbo.

Very nice info!

hey gtimportfanatic and/or japarossa was there any issue with little stuff missing from the EMUSA kit (bolts, hoses, gaskets, etc) or them being of really poor quality?

No nothing missing from the kit except the coupling to go from the IC piping to the TB. Not missing just not included. I also replaced the turbo to manifold bolts because the ones that came with it were cheap. All the gaskets were good quality and they actually sent me 2 of each. The Cat pipe needs to be altered because it has a little bend at the end you have to cut off and you need to have a 3 bolt flange welded on to fit up with Ep exhaust. I think the Cat. pipe is made to fit up to their RSX 3" Cat. back exhaust. Other than that the kit fit good

wat number are you getting with the k24a2? and what size inj. you using with that set up?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by japarossa View Post
    No nothing missing from the kit except the coupling to go from the IC piping to the TB. Not missing just not included. I also replaced the turbo to manifold bolts because the ones that came with it were cheap. All the gaskets were good quality and they actually sent me 2 of each. The Cat pipe needs to be altered because it has a little bend at the end you have to cut off and you need to have a 3 bolt flange welded on to fit up with Ep exhaust. I think the Cat. pipe is made to fit up to their RSX 3" Cat. back exhaust. Other than that the kit fit good
    what about the dumptube? gtimportfanatic said that his only came with the gaskets and that a custom dumptube had to be made. I just figured I would order the dumptube from godspeed since it's just the flange w/ a 90* bend and a straight section that might need cutting to avoid the subframe but should be pretty easy to fix.

No numbers on the k24a2 setup until I can Dyno it in the spring. Using rc 1000cc injectors but I don't think they have to be that big.

The kit comes with dump tube flanges but no tube, I forgot that it wasn't included because I cut up my stock Ep3 exhaust manifold and made a nice dump tube that fits like its an oem part. I would have bought that godspeed one but the shipping to Canada was to expensive.

We should start the emusa crew. I can join next week!

ephatch member
    I plan on joining too, I have a tial 38mm wastegate on the way right now that I got in a trade. I should be picking up a rebuilt emusa turbo with garrett internals next week. But when I priced out the essentials and the kit, I am not planning for everything to be bought, installed and tuned until the end of the summer.

I am buying fast-turbo oil lines and fittings, dumptube, hondata map sensor and boost solenoid, a/f and boost gauges, oil filter sandwhich adapter, injectors, and 3in muffler and resonator, exhaust wrap, heatwrap, all before buying the emusa kit. So like each month I will buy one maybe two things on my list until I have it all amassed. Then after the 3in exhaust fabrication and tune, I will be saving for a turbonetics super 60 trim for when both the chinese turbos go bad.

same here, im getting it all ready for when i go to the hobby shop, i can throw it all in with the swap. so, if anyone knows, is it possible to put the log mani and the turbo+oil lines in with the motor if im putting the motor in from the bottom?

-japarossa, what size coupler did you need for the IC-TB?

ephatch member
    I personally wouldn't risk putting the motor in with the turbo and lines on the manifold, but you could probably get away with the manifold, but that wouldn't save you a whole lot of time.

I don't know for certain, but I would think 2.25->3in for the reducer coupler

The EMUSA intercooler kit came with the GReddy turbo kit I bought from a member here. I've been installing it now, so far no snags yet. Hopefully I can make the piping all work, lol. One question I do have though is: Did you guys have to relocate the battery to get the charge piping to clear into the TB?

Yes the coupling is 2.25" X 3". Yes the piping kit will fit with the battery in the stock location, its tight but it will fit. Let me know if you need the instructions, I have the manual for the emusa intercooler and piping.
    The motor might fit in from the bottom with the turbo installed on the motor although it will be tight and not worth the hassle. Just put on the oil lines, manifold and wastegate. Make sure you use lots of heat wrap for the hoses and wires left on the firewall.

dude, you should scan and upload that. i've never heard of such instructions! more info!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    dude, you should scan and upload that. i've never heard of such instructions! more info!!
    +1 To that. I need those instructions right about now, lol.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information