Close

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: EMUSA info

ephatch member
    you mean 84%?

no sir, why would i mean almost twice as much as i posted?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    looked, they are set as 510s in kpro and about 56% duty at 6psi. flow rated at 580 from deatschwerks, ordered 600s.

if u can swing it get 775's.
    I just figured that since you were at 56% at 6psi and a lot less power that you would have gone up in duty cycle, not backwards. Unless your tuner changed the injector size in k-pro and that changed things. Because if you are able to keep duty cycle that low then I guess I won't need 775's.

Unless his tune was too rich previously. A good AFR tune will usually bring your duty down... everything else remaining the same.

ephatch member
    there is definitely some truth to that. I was just surprised that it went down that much after adding 50-60hp. Looks like I am going to order a set of FIC 650's

whoa whoa whoa, the 6psi and duty cycle was a different duty cycle, LOL. That was my injector duty cycle, its now at like 90% (but actually lower by a little because of underscaling them in kpro.)

the 48% duty cycle is my EBC. i have the 6psi spring in, the one that comes installed. lol my bad i was confused. def get bigger than 580s. they are ok but i'd rather get something closer to 800 or 1000's.

im at 90% injector duty cycle with 8psi at redline. I hit 12.5 @4-4.5k and it tapers off after that.
    Last edited by L337Ep3; 02-27-2009 at 12:31 AM.

LOL Makes sense.

Damn 800cc injectors? Im still researching this whole thing. Spent some time looking at Full Race's stuff. Found out Peakboost went under (?). Nothin but a bunch of drama there it seems like. Just tryna get an idea of what all i will need.

Scott (Guardian) is runnin a GT3076 with the Tial BO and WG. It seems the Tial stuff seems pretty popular amongst the good setups ive looked at...

yeah tial is a panty dropper. they kinda make everything you need too so a lot of people buy their stuff.

Where's the cheapest place to get this kit?

contacting emusa.com is the cheapest way to get the kit.

So I've read through this whole thread, and am still left wondering something....I have seen that most of ya'll still purchase certain parts to either replace "low-grade" parts that came with the kit, or parts that are needed to make the install easier/better.
    My question is this...would I be better off doing the same thing, getting the kit and replacing parts for better pieces? Or would I be better of building my own kit?
    Its going to be 2-3 years before this kit even makes its way into my car, so I will have the time to build.
    Im mainly wanting to see what would benefit me better, going with the inexpensive kit to start and upgrade as I go...or get the parts that I need once I be done with it.

::edit:: Ok, nevermind. I just went on Ebay and started looking at the name brand turbos. Yeah, ummmmm, no. I will take the EMUSA one and rebuild that bad boy to Garrett spec. F that dookie!
    Last edited by Popeye; 09-10-2011 at 03:56 PM.

you can GET a legit garrett t3/t4 for the same price -/+ of a rebuilt ebay turbo. the turbo this kit comes with is about $120 or something, then to rebuild it is what, like $280 so its like $450 for a brand-new-rebuilt-to-garrett-spec turbo. blaast performance has REAL garrett t3/t4 turbos for $450-/+. shipping is null because i didin't include that for either turbos.

and like i been saying, the low grade parts, being whole assemblies like the turbo and blow off valve, etc, are ok to use if you don't want to buy name brand ones. but since you want to wait forever to put it in, then yeah just get name brand parts. having a proper tune will save you from popping a k series cause kpro is dope like that. think i think would fail are any bolts, washers, springs (yes, eventually the wastegate too but so far so good :mgrin:) and maybe gaskets, esp paper ones. don't use paper gaskets. get cometic or tial gaskets. i've even seen the couplers tear open. but i don't know how or why they fail, could be anything. they are 4 ply but my boy's evo ate one lol.

anything you can do can make it better.
    Last edited by AKEP; 09-11-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Getting the inexpensive EMUSA one and having it rebuilt to spec would probably suit my budget a little better. But shoot, the IC kit is made-to-fit, and the turbo can be upgraded. So I would be crazy NOT to get the kit. lol

whoa did my posted get ninja edited w/ no explanation?
    edit: nvm wrong thread! heres a little more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    So what exactly do you mean? Would I have to basically take out all the componets, turbo, wastegate, BOV, IC, and the nuts and bolts for this to be a good kit?
    its hard to say what i want to say, without making it sound bad. but here it goes:
    This setup is CHEAP. its also probably got 0% backing of R&D. and it comes with REALLY low quality nuts and bolts, and gaskets. and its all bought from a GIANT chinese company that manufactures all these turbokits, bov, wg, microwaves, fishing poles, garage door openers, you name it. i've seen their global website, and they even make commercial/diesel grade equipment.

So what I'M saying is, you MIGHT get the shit end of the stick and have a blown turbo in 50 miles, crazy ugly welding done in your i/c pipes that might have different wall thicknesses that could potentially crack, snapping bolts, leaking gaskets, warped/cracked log manifold, and blow couplings. the list could go on, because this is made not by a company that specializes in ep3 turbo kits, or ANY turbo kits. they just copy whats on US patents and make it.

what i'm also trying to say is, this kit straight out of the box for that emergency turbo build weekend if you gotta have it and there are terrorists holding a gun to your head while i'm answering this thread, is the best turbo kit brand spanking new that you could get for the price, because it comes like 90% complete, just needing a few pieces like that TB to IC pipe coupler and a dump tube (from the top of my head list of parts it needs to be a complete kit). like seriously if you got those 2-3 parts you could bolt this bad boy up and baby it till you can get it tuned.

it comes with all ic piping, couplers -1, turbo, manifold, downpipe, test pipe, wastegate, bov, different wg springs, prewelded bov flange, all gaskets (i didn't get a greddy gasket, but i also asked for them to put a greddy flange on since they normally put hks flanges on), nuts bolts, washers, spring washers, studs (also changed these out) and t-bolt clamps. the pipes are even FLARED so they don't pop off under boost. just need to cut the test pipe ends to fit your exhaust and have an exhaust shop weld up a flange or something to connect it to your midpipe.

what you can do for some peace-of-mind, is replace all hardware items (nuts, bolts, screws, washers, spring washers, studs and gaskets [that also means the bolts on the turbo, wastegate, if you can find them for the bov, and ones that fit inside the wastegate spring cup) maybe machine any faces of the manifold and turbo, dremel the burrs off the i/c piping, get the turbo rebuilt to garrett specs or sell it on craigslist/ebay and get a legit turbo, even a $450 rebuilt garrett t3/t4, get name brand bov and wastegate, although i do know a TON of people running ebay versions no problem, but like i said at least change the hardware on those, and get some good vacuum hose from napa. and maybe replace the couplings for some vibrant pieces.

i don't remember if i said it already, but if you're going to wait hella year to put it in, you could just buy name brand parts and piece it together while you wait. just buy them as you find the deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I take it just as he said it....JUST the nuts and bolts. Going through the EMUSA thread told me that, and that the turbo itself may need to be rebuilt one day. BUT, most turbos do. Some people just prefer to do that, apparently, to build the turbo to Garrett specs. Not trying to be rude...Im just acknowledging the fact that its hard to believe someone makes a decent quality ANYTHING for cheap, you know? Regardless, even if you did replace all of the nuts and bolts, rebuilt the turbo, and bought your own wastegate, its still cheaper than most other kits. When I finally get this kit, Im just gonna get my own wastegate and bov.
    Either way, Im sold on this kit.
    and its true, i believe in "you get what you pay for" - this kit is not the exception, but depending on what you're ok with, you can save some serious dough on it, or pay a little more and make it even better, while still being cheaper than say, a greddy or revhard log manifold setup, name brand everything, complete. you would need to get some serious deals on all used stuff to beat this kit, which are out there, but i really try not to buy non-rebuilt turbos from people unless i see them first. even then, i wouldn't buy it unless it was also unused after a rebuild, unless they were practically giving to me for free (and with some of these used kit prices, its real hard to say no to a whole bolt on affair cheaper than this kit =\) but like i said, it depends on what you're ok with. you might be ok with a used turbo and want to spend the money if you need to to rebuild it, maybe you're ok with mild steel i/c piping. maybe you're ok with cracking cast manifolds. list goes on. i'd rather not ever have to deal with these kind of things so i chose a proven (thus far) kit that does the job. i spent the extra cash on the little things to make it better, i've yet to have problems caused by the kit. money has been well spent.

honestly, the internetz is scaring people from alot of ebay products, and i don't blame them. but don't think that brand name market is holding down 99% of the game out there on the streets and track, almost all my honda customers are running ebay stuff and its holding, along with some nissan and toyota guys too. i do see name brand things come in and its pretty sweet looking, and honestly we should be seeing more of that stuff. but these people want the best bang for the buck, and if none brand named items are cheaper and hold their ground, they will go with it.

well thats my take on the whole thing. if you want a turbo project this kit is great. you'll learn a lot and all that good stuff. once you get your hands on it you'll be able to see what you want to do with it. i highly recommend reading turbo 101 if you've not been boosted before or done a turbo build before. for what this kit is, its a great deal. even for $700. thats chump change by the time you're done with a proper build.

kbai
    Last edited by AKEP; 09-11-2011 at 12:55 PM.

welll it looks like im gonna cop the EMUSA intercooler kit, anyone have pictures of what it looks like mounted nice behind the bumper?

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread Information