Close

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: EMUSA info

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    It would be nice to see a set of instructions for a turbo kit that included a step on tapping your oil pan or installing the banjo bolt.

I can seriously see some......."idiot" not even hooking the return line up and then saying........."where'd all my oil go".........."stupid EMUSA turbo kit blew my motor!"

Anyways, good info guys! Keep the UPDATES coming for the budget enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    It would be nice to see a set of instructions for a turbo kit that included a step on tapping your oil pan or installing the banjo bolt.

I can seriously see some......."idiot" not even hooking the return line up and then saying........."where'd all my oil go".........."stupid EMUSA turbo kit blew my motor!"

lol i was thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rictorious88 View Post

Ok I know the EMUSA manual isn't all that detailed so when I put mine in I mostly only used the instructions as a reference so I could fugure out how the IC piping went in. I used the greddy instructions to install my kit as they are alot more detailed and the pieces of the kit are almost the same. The Greddy instructions include the banjo bolt to oil pan instructions. I used the banjo bolt for my setup, don't pay a fortune for the banjo bolt as it can be found online for about $10 not the $40 greddy wants. If you need the banjo bolt I have a link to a cheap one.

Ok here is the link for the greddy Ep3 turbo instructions.............Happy boosting!!!!
    http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/03-CIVIC_TZ.pdf

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by japarossa View Post
    Ok I know the EMUSA manual isn't all that detailed so when I put mine in I mostly only used the instructions as a reference so I could fugure out how the IC piping went in. I used the greddy instructions to install my kit as they are alot more detailed and the pieces of the kit are almost the same. The Greddy instructions include the banjo bolt to oil pan instructions. I used the banjo bolt for my setup, don't pay a fortune for the banjo bolt as it can be found online for about $10 not the $40 greddy wants. If you need the banjo bolt I have a link to a cheap one.

Ok here is the link for the greddy Ep3 turbo instructions.............Happy boosting!!!!
    http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/03-CIVIC_TZ.pdf
    I meant no disrespect. I just thought of that scenario and how people call these kits crap and made me wonder if anybody actually had done that.

*Oh, and do these kits come with a line to be tapped or a banjo bolt setup?

I meant no disrespect. I just thought of that scenario and how people call these kits crap and made me wonder if anybody actually had done that.

*Oh, and do these kits come with a line to be tapped or a banjo bolt setup?
    Hahaha no disrespect taken Im sure some people have screwed up the oil lines or even made the return line go uphill. lol I know but its been done. The EMUSA kit comes with the fittings for a tapped oil pan. It actually comes with a fitting you could tap or you could just drill a hole and use the nut on the inside and out with some hondabond. I just didn't want to drill the oilpan because I was planning on swapping the motor and drilling and taping wasn't worth the hassle at the time.

Here is my email addy mholguin66@gmail.com

Thanks

so you guys are using the wastgate? i heard they were junk?

The wastegate works fine for me, never had any problems at all.

are you also using the BOV?

anyone with the kit brand new, did it come with a return line and related pieces??

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    are you also using the BOV?

anyone with the kit brand new, did it come with a return line and related pieces??
    Yes I used the bov but did end up swapping it out when I got a better one cheap, but it worked and still works with no problems. If using the BOV with less than 8psi you will need to remove one of the springs from inside it or you will get compressor surge.
    Return line? You mean oil return line? Yes my kit came with complete oil feed and return lines including all the hardware. The return line came with a fitting so you could just drill out the oil pan and put a nut on the inside and outside of the oilpan with some hondabond or you could tap the pan. Me I bought a banjo bolt like in the greddy kit because I knew the motor was coming out and didn't feel like going through the hassle of drilling the pan. With the banjo bolt I just used the emusa return line.

ephatch member
    according to Djcarbine on clubrsx, he suggests taking the wastegate apart and inspecting it. He deburred the internals to make sure everything was smooth. I believe gtimportfanatic had his wastegate diaphragm or something like that tear after a few 12psi pulls. I am replacing the wastegate with a tial, but plan on running the bov. I'll replace the oil fittings and lines with braided stainless from fast-turbo.com and replace the turbo with an emusa one rebuilt with garrett internals. I am also going to buy the godspeed dumptube so I don't have to get one fabricated. Then later down the road I will replace the intercooler with a treadstone vertical flow intercooler like on monjarassi's setup.

complete win. thank you all.

so im gunna be running a k24a1 so i wanna boost like 12-15psi so wastgate will do me no good? i was looking at a tial spring to put in it but prolly would be better off just buying one?

hey japarossa did you have to cut and weld any of the piping or did all bolt up ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jones02 View Post
    so im gunna be running a k24a1 so i wanna boost like 12-15psi so wastgate will do me no good? i was looking at a tial spring to put in it but prolly would be better off just buying one?
    You can use this wastegate but you will need a manual boost controller or a boost solenoid. You can easily do 12-15 psi on this wastegate.

hey japarossa did you have to cut and weld any of the piping or did all bolt up ok?
    I had to modify the 2nd piece of exhaust pipe (cat. pipe) I had to cut the end off the pipe to get rid of the bend and weld on a 3 bolt flange to bolt up to my cat back exhaust. I didn't modify the IC piping at all and had the turbo clocked up and down and the piping fit both ways. I had to fab up a dumptube. I had to trim a bit off the 90* elbow coming off the cold side of the turbo. I also made a piece to hold in the IAT sensor, mine didn't even come with the hole for it shown in the pics. This kit is a good deal but not exactly "complete" enough to just bolt on and go.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information