DSC_0869-Exposure.jpg
    This is the one I got.. Looks right

Yup thats it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1390523121152.jpg this was my box

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    The wastegate spring was maxed or else I would've went higher..
    MAC boost solenoid brah. turn it up!

Little update...

Been running the kit since August of last year and the turbo has just now started puking oil. I was using the wrong oil restrictor (Bigger than recommended) and now the oil seals are gone. Make sure to get the right oil restrictor! Other than that, the kit has been awesome!

see if getting the right restrictor will fix it. the seals are basically piston rings.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    see if getting the right restrictor will fix it. the seals are basically piston rings.
    I'll give it a shot. I have a new turbo on the way anyways...

for people who have been running this kit for a while, what do you think overall?

how long has the turbo lasted you, and if you had issues with the turbo, did it mess with the motor at all?

i REALLLY want to boost, but piecing together a kit with a precision turbo, sidewinder manifold, etc will wind up costing close to 5gs, which i can not afford, and probably wouldnt be worth it anyway since thats what my car is worth. this kit seems like the movee, but i need to make sure if im spending money on the kit and tune and all, i want to make sure that its not gonna shit out on me after 6 months (this car is my DD so i cant really send the turbo up to canada to get rebuilt if i have any issues) is it worth it to just get it rebuilt before the install?

i've read just about every post in this thread to learn what i can but i wanna hear some reviews from people who ran this kit for 2+ years(if thats even possible with this turbo)

people talk about doing it the "right way" and im one of those people cause i dont wanna have to keep replacing parts and shit. but if this kit is legitt and should run fine for 2+ years at about 9psi as a DD (not gonna bring it to the track, just for some fun pulls against friends with wrx, g35, 3000gt, and a buddy with an 8th gen Si)

any info or opinions from people running this kit would really be appreciated. the only thing i have on my car now that will stay when i turbo is my skunk2 megapower R exhaust (which is LOUD AS FUCK hooked up to my obx race header which ill be selling once i boost)

^I've had mine for little over a year now (18k miles) and I had to replace the turbo a few months back. There was too much shaft play to be considered safe. I also think my manifold has a crack in it (bad exhaust leak "tick tick tick") but I won't be able to tell until I take it off this week. I also had to remove and polish the stem of the valve in the wastegate as it got stock open about 6 months ago. Some of the intercooler piping doesn't come beaded so I've had some problems with couplers blowing off every once in a while too. I had to replace the blow off valve when I installed the kit as it wouldn't even open under 15psi.

Other than all these things I say the kit is worth it. Just make sure to replace the parts listed on the first page and you should be good to go!

I see O&Jperfomance sells 2 versions of this kit on their site one for $599 and one for $699.

http://www.ojperformance.com/Online%...at=1330&page=1

http://www.ojperformance.com/Online%...at=1330&page=1

The 699 kit says it comes with a steel manifold and the other an iron manifold just like the ones on Speedyracer.

Has anyone bought from these guys? They are in Florida so i would like to get one from them. might get it quicker and save a couple bucks.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I know you guys don't wanna spend the money but if reliability is a concern u might wana look at a Revhard kit. All the issues listed above never happened to me in 4 years. You guys are having issues in the first year of owning. I know it's pricey but maybe an Avenue some of you may consider if the emusa reliability is a concern

is the revhard kit direct bolt on? obviously im still gonna need KPro, but other than that is everything else included? How long did you run that kit and what kind of numbers were you putting down?

right now im debating between boosting the EP or saving up for a year or so and getting something new like an STI or EVO. dropping 5gs on a kit and tune could go towards a down payment on a brand new car along with the value of the EP... and then i dont need to worry about shit breaking as i go (or atleast for a while).

....decisions decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYG_EP3 View Post
    is the revhard kit direct bolt on? obviously im still gonna need KPro, but other than that is everything else included? How long did you run that kit and what kind of numbers were you putting down?

right now im debating between boosting the EP or saving up for a year or so and getting something new like an STI or EVO. dropping 5gs on a kit and tune could go towards a down payment on a brand new car along with the value of the EP... and then i dont need to worry about shit breaking as i go (or atleast for a while).

....decisions decisions....
    I've been trying to figure the same thing out for years now lol

do they even still sell the Revhard kit for the ep3? cant seem to find it anywhere. I already bought the emusa kit anyway. im just gonna order a tial wastegate and hks bov before I put it on. should have it installed by the end of the month.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread Information