Close

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: EMUSA info

well its in and it works. im using a tial wastgate and real hks bov, I had to buy a Treadstone hks adapter for the greddy bov flange.

20140910_155708.jpg

Hey tumble weed any advice prior to the install?...how's it holding up? What to expect/watch out for ?..etc.

Quote Originally Posted by safridi22 View Post
    Hey tumble weed any advice prior to the install?...how's it holding up? What to expect/watch out for ?..etc.
    sorry late reply but I havent really got to test it out till this week. I just finally got it tuned, and on a dynojet it made 313 hp and 275 trq with 12.5 psi, ID1000s and a 2.25" emusa exhaust. with a bigger exhaust should be more around 325hp. pretty good for a chinacharger.

dyno chart:

One problem i'm having is the second coupler right after the turbo keeps blowing off. its comes down to the
    next pipe at an angle. I ordered a 45 degree coupler which should fix it.

As for the install the down pipe needs to be cut shorter. and mounting the intercooler might be a pain. other then that the kit is good. im lovin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
    sorry late reply but I havent really got to test it out till this week. I just finally got it tuned, and on a dynojet it made 313 hp and 275 trq with 12.5 psi, ID1000s and a 2.25" emusa exhaust. with a bigger exhaust should be more around 325hp. pretty good for a chinacharger.

dyno chart:

One problem i'm having is the second coupler right after the turbo keeps blowing off. its comes down to the
    next pipe at an angle. I ordered a 45 degree coupler which should fix it.

As for the install the down pipe needs to be cut shorter. and mounting the intercooler might be a pain. other then that the kit is good. im lovin it.
    Very Nice Numbers Tumleweed, am loving it!!

Still dunnno why ppl talk smack about this kit.

How is the car holding up overall ?

Have you ran into issues with ur clutch or axles or engine mounts?

Which manifold did u end up using, steel or cast iron?

What psi wastegate spring r u running on the tial

Sorry for all the questions, but i have the kit but am replacing some parts and like to hear from the experienced, not the internet fan boys. Thanx

MOST IMPORTANTLY? Any unsuspecting cars taken a real whoop from ur beast as yet?

The car is running great Its my daily driver. Its got a stage 4 competition clutch. The manifold is cast iron and the wastegate has a 6 psi spring.
    I recommend replacing the wastegate, the bov, and the hardware bolts on the manifold. Then once you can eventually upgrade the turbo, the kit will be flawless.

fixed the coupler problem

This was the only part of the piping that was blowing apart. The piping is rock solid now that I replaced the straight coupler with this 45 degree coupler. Maybe mine was missing in the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
    This was the only part of the piping that was blowing apart. The piping is rock solid now that I replaced the straight coupler with this 45 degree coupler. Maybe mine was missing in the kit.
    I had the same problem with that piece. I never got a 45* coupler either. I actually ordered a straight coupler online but it was 7" long so now it doesn't pop off

Thanks alot bro. Youre progress is motivating. Im paychecks away from ....."its alive" 😷

Quote Originally Posted by 303EP View Post
    I had the same problem with that piece. I never got a 45* coupler either. I actually ordered a straight coupler online but it was 7" long so now it doesn't pop off
    Make sure to Keep us informed! And let us know ur results. GL

nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz1025 View Post
    Make sure to Keep us informed! And let us know ur results. GL
    Hasn't popped off once! I even upped my psi to 14psi and tested the piping to 22psi with a boost leak tester and it still didn't pop off.

I bought one of these emusa kits 2months ago, i don't have a ep but i have a k20a3 dc5, i live in new zealand to. So far i have bought the kit, walbro fuel pump, 2.5" ebay catback exhaust system, GFB Boost tap, fuel pressure regulator, boost guage, 850cc bosch fuel injectors, since i don't have the tools or the space to work on the car, i got the shop to take the manifold off, put my cast iron mani on, the wastegate, turbo, fab me up a downpipe and a dumpipe up for me. I got the car back and fitted the IC pipng up and the intercooler, took ages as i didnt know which pipes go where, i eventually got it all fitted, i had to cut the silicone joiner that comes off the turbo as it was to long.

I have this dude doing my oil pan as i don't know what im upto there n don't have the tools to do it, the shop charges $85hr so i got this dude to do it for $25hr cash. I also sent my ecu off last friday to "turbogixxer tuning" hopefully they get it ASAP but again i live in new zealand so not sure when they will get it, once thats back i can finally get my shit tuned, its been a long ass time and i am very impatient lol i just wanna drive my car, i miss driving it, this is my 1st ever turbo honda to so i cant wait, so excited, hopefully be running and tuned in 2weeks

Quote Originally Posted by NZGuy88 View Post
    I bought one of these emusa kits 2months ago, i don't have a ep but i have a k20a3 dc5, i live in new zealand to. So far i have bought the kit, walbro fuel pump, 2.5" ebay catback exhaust system, GFB Boost tap, fuel pressure regulator, boost guage, 850cc bosch fuel injectors, since i don't have the tools or the space to work on the car, i got the shop to take the manifold off, put my cast iron mani on, the wastegate, turbo, fab me up a downpipe and a dumpipe up for me. I got the car back and fitted the IC pipng up and the intercooler, took ages as i didnt know which pipes go where, i eventually got it all fitted, i had to cut the silicone joiner that comes off the turbo as it was to long.

I have this dude doing my oil pan as i don't know what im upto there n don't have the tools to do it, the shop charges $85hr so i got this dude to do it for $25hr cash. I also sent my ecu off last friday to "turbogixxer tuning" hopefully they get it ASAP but again i live in new zealand so not sure when they will get it, once thats back i can finally get my shit tuned, its been a long ass time and i am very impatient lol i just wanna drive my car, i miss driving it, this is my 1st ever turbo honda to so i cant wait, so excited, hopefully be running and tuned in 2weeks
    I can imagine your excitement. Good comes to those who wait. Tell us your end result. Hope u plan on upgrading your engine mounts and clutch, they most likely will go soon after boosting.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz1025 View Post
    I can imagine your excitement. Good comes to those who wait. Tell us your end result. Hope u plan on upgrading your engine mounts and clutch, they most likely will go soon after boosting.
    Let you know in 2days when car goes in to get tuned, at the moment im driving it untuned on 6psi, cars running a bit rich so probably wont drive it at all till i drive to my tuner. Ive been driving it for the past 2weeks untuned and seems fine, i havn't taken it over 5000rpm tho, pretty dodgy driving untuned haha but i need my car to get to work n back. What i found with the emusa kit, the oil feed line that goes to the turbo was a piece of shit n leaked so i had to get a new line made up, other then that the rest of the kit fitted fine and the intercooler piping was a perfect fit to.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread Information