Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    Get a type-R sticker. It adds 5 mental horse power. Cheapest add you can do.
    i sooooo got these on my car. the ones on the sideskirts helped me with handling aswell. A good balance

Quote Originally Posted by 03civichatch View Post
    sell it and by an evo
    ill murder evos all day in my ep3. Def not the best option. Evos are sick though
    Last edited by OPTIMISE; 12-06-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    ill murder evos all day in my ep3. Def not the best option. Evos are sick though
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    i sooooo got these on my car. the ones on the sideskirts helped me with handling aswell. A good balance
    The extra two grams of weight on a low point in the chassis helps force the suspension down and really pulls the car through turns.

Another tip would be removing the roof all together. See, it makes the car top heavy which is no good for handling. By removing the roof (and all pillars) you help move the center of gravity lower in the car. Couple this with the Type R stickers (make sure you get the lightweight stickers, the regulars are 3.5 grams and these are too heavy and end up bogging down the suspension) and you basically don't need to do anything else to do the car and you'll be beating Enzo's with just minimal driving practice.

One tip I was told but have been too busy to perform on my EP is to put a potato in the muffler. The key is finding one that fits in the exhaust tip that does not completely fill the opening, but leaves about 25% of the tip open. It has to be wide enough on the sides to hold itself in, else it'll fall out in the middle of the race and you'll look like an idiot because your car will become half as fast instantly. This mod increases back pressure which greatly increases torque. I've heard of increases in torque that are over 47 ft lb with RUSSET potatoes. Apparently russets are better than red potatoes, but again I have not been able to confirm for myself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaFreak View Post
    2900+ lb car with 1 occupant. 160bhp motor, 120ish to the wheels.

REMOVE WEIGHT! /end discussion

Christian
    That^. It's closer to about 135-140 whp.

This is how I approach building any car (hp/lb);

- 2775 + 175 driver + 75 gas= about 3,000 lbs/135 whp = over 22 lbs per hp!!! And you wonder why your EP is so slow.

- 3,000 - 200 lbs = 2800/135 = 20.7 lbs per hp = 8+ free hp. The first 200 lbs are free and comes mostly from gutting the rear/middle. Better handling, more oversteer.

- Next 200 lbs. starts costing $.
    2800 - 200 = 2600/135 is equal to having 156 hp. at full weight. Better mpg, handles much better, quicker, more nimble, brakes better.

- Next 200 =$$$
    2600 - 200 = 2400 = about 166 hp. without touching motor.

- Add real whp of 160 with intake, exhaust, KPro. 15 lbs per hp, as good as ukdm Type R stats and handles much better than R.

- Get even the A3 up to 180 whp and you have an impressive little machine with 13.3 hp/lb. More hp/lb than JDM Type R. That equal to about 215 whp in a wet stock weight R. An R has about 187 whp....

- Etc., etc.,etc.
    Last edited by Hasbro; 12-23-2010 at 06:49 PM.

aem v2 and an exhaust never hurts

Quote Originally Posted by anthony. View Post
    The extra two grams of weight on a low point in the chassis helps force the suspension down and really pulls the car through turns.

Another tip would be removing the roof all together. See, it makes the car top heavy which is no good for handling. By removing the roof (and all pillars) you help move the center of gravity lower in the car. Couple this with the Type R stickers (make sure you get the lightweight stickers, the regulars are 3.5 grams and these are too heavy and end up bogging down the suspension) and you basically don't need to do anything else to do the car and you'll be beating Enzo's with just minimal driving practice.

One tip I was told but have been too busy to perform on my EP is to put a potato in the muffler. The key is finding one that fits in the exhaust tip that does not completely fill the opening, but leaves about 25% of the tip open. It has to be wide enough on the sides to hold itself in, else it'll fall out in the middle of the race and you'll look like an idiot because your car will become half as fast instantly. This mod increases back pressure which greatly increases torque. I've heard of increases in torque that are over 47 ft lb with RUSSET potatoes. Apparently russets are better than red potatoes, but again I have not been able to confirm for myself yet.
    fukin smartass. but so funny made me LOL haha

Yay for trolling lol.

Anyways if you're going to race then go ahead and tell us how much $$$ you got.

hahaha

laughing at the jokes on the type r stickers giving horse power

i have a aem v2 intake and a catback exhaust im thinking about spendingg 4k over time but im trying to slowly build up speed cause im not made of money exactly

Quote Originally Posted by 845BlueEp3 View Post
    laughing at the jokes on the type r stickers giving horse power
    Wait.... u guys aren't being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony. View Post

these mods will almost make ur ep3 be as fast as a

dropping weight is the best thing u can do to an ep3. if your not going to dd it, id say remove the a/c and heater, full interior, get a light weight fly wheel, clutch, k pro, intake header exhaust, coilovers, and leave your girlfriend at home and drop that seat to. take the dash out its really heavy for a honda...

oh and get really sticky tires like toyo r888 u can fit 225/50/15 under the ep3 front and be slammed. thats my daily tire track i use a 245/ 50/ 15 and it barely rubs when turning hard. helps the 6k launches

buy lots of these.
    http://www.importequipment.com/335_t..._lexus_jdm.htm

if you cover your car with them your car will be out of control fast. I don't know if the added hp will compensate for the added weight as someone stated earlier. I think this is the cepaest route. 5.99 for 5 hp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information