Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Easiest way to go fast if you have an EP3 is to sell it and buy something that is already fast. Don't get me wrong, I love my EP3, but I know it will never be a fast car with out spending a good 5-10k on it (Swaps, turbos, kpro). And it doesn't handle well without putting money into the suspension... practically need to replace every single part of it.

The reason I love my EP though is simple. Its unique and its the most damn reliable car I've ever owned.

Sell it and buy something faster!

-Rob

stage 3 cams will gain you more hp than a jrsc street kit and cost a lot less. My old setup made 197hp and 145 tq with just the cams and bolt ons but still wasnt good enough so i went k24

Actually if you want to go the "cheap" route then start adding stickers and neons. But if you want to go the real route then you'll have no other choice than swapping or go boosted or both ;) Wich means alot of $$$ invested in your car. Now if you tell us how many you would put on your car and in how much time, we could guide you better ;)

well like i said im looking to spend around 4k but over a span of a year or so cause im still paying off the loan and the insurance so its not exactly easy. but im trying to figure out how to give it some more speed i dont wanna sell it cause i love it and always wanted one

Quote Originally Posted by 845BlueEp3 View Post
    well like i said im looking to spend around 4k but over a span of a year or so cause im still paying off the loan and the insurance so its not exactly easy. but im trying to figure out how to give it some more speed i dont wanna sell it cause i love it and always wanted one
    You need to make a decision first... whats your big power adder going to be. That will define your plan of action.

(Cheapest to most expensive)
    A3 N/A
    A3 w/ Super Charger
    A3 w/ Turbo
    Engine Swap (N/A)
    Engine Swap w/ Boost (super charger)
    Enginer Swap w/ Boose (Turbo)

Browse your local junkyards and your local craiglist posts. I found my K24A1 for under $500... The labor to install the motor cost more than the motor itself. If you can find a bangin deal, hop on it!

Buy an Evo body kit. I think that beats the engine swaps.

ephatch member
    whats you guys take on the whole rotrex hype? worth the extra coins over JRSC?

Grippy tires and shifting at 6500rpm.

like most people said to get a fast car the cheapest way it would not be the ep3, but im sure youve read that a dozen times already. so if your like me and didnt wanna buy a fast car and loved the ep3, i went with a bolt on turbo kit with kpro engine management (around 4k). Changes the epo all together you would like it alot. the only problem with the turbo (and other stuff) it never seems to end money wise.. i.e. motor mounts/clutch/brakes/etc

i/rh/e, reflash/kpro, 6 spd tranny... & if your a decent driver you'll be faster than a hype s

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehaters View Post
    i/rh/e, reflash/kpro, 6 spd tranny... & if your a decent driver you'll be faster than a hype s
    faster than a Corolla S, yes... lol...j/k...

but faster than a type s? barely but not by much...You'll be able to hang with them.

I was playing Forza3 and I saw that the cams gave a lot of hp. Little less than the turbo but it's cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    I was playing Forza3 and I saw that the cams gave a lot of hp. Little less than the turbo but it's cheaper.
    If only the real world worked like Forza 3....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information