Close

Thread: e85 question

e85 question

ok guys so im just interested in this e85 stuff, its cheaper then regular gas by about 50 cents by me.

i read the running e85 in the k series motors is like running race fuel and you can yield more power out of it on a good tune? can someone just please explain to me any knowledge on the subject?

also is it safe to use in my car without a conversion? will i run lean or rich?

Quote Originally Posted by 03civichatch View Post
    ok guys so im just interested in this e85 stuff, its cheaper then regular gas by about 50 cents by me.

i read the running e85 in the k series motors is like running race fuel and you can yield more power out of it on a good tune? can someone just please explain to me any knowledge on the subject?

also is it safe to use in my car without a conversion? will i run lean or rich?
    if you are routinely driving your car, it will ruin your engine and you will get dog piss gas mileage...e85 is 85% ethanol...dont bother with it, trust me
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    if you are routinely driving your car, it will ruin your engine and you will get dog piss gas mileage...e85 is 85% ethanol...dont bother with it, trust me
    thanks for the heads up, just was interested!!!

I ran e85 for a year now. Gas mileage suckssss! but its nice because its higher octane and yields more power than pump gas. all in all its not worth it if you only DD your car. IT IS NOT SAFE to just pump e85 into your car. you will need larger injectors, fuel pump and kpro to see gains.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Been running my e85 tune for close to three years now and my motor is still trucking along!

Thread Information