Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code 2647

ephatch member

Code 2647

Ok guys I'm calling for help, car threw code today 2647 rocker arm assembly stuck I believe. And Goin into limp mode at 4k rpm. Car has never givin problems oil changed very regularly and only mods I/h/e Checked oil and was a lil low bout 1/2 to 3/4 quart around the 1st hole on dipstick. Topped it off and cleared code and it came right back. Annnnny ideas I did some reading off other websites but wanna c if anyone has had any experience with this. Thanks in advance

You may want to rip the valve cover off and take a look around under there!!!!!!

ephatch member
    Hoping I do not have to do that, the threads on Honda- tech and a few other forums mentioned it being the code for the vtec pressure switch but still no definite answers on the fix.

p2647 is VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage

first thing you should do is check the oil level, if its low than thats your problem. Fill it up, clear the code and your done

let me know if the oil level is good and we will go from there

ephatch member
    Oil was low as stated above, was at the first hole in dipstick. Added lil less than a quart. Should I disconnect battery to clear code? I already pulled the ecu fuse and when I started it again it came on at startup again.

you can do that but you cant just unplug it than plug it back in right away, leave it out for about 10-15 seconds

ephatch member
    cleared code with the scanner and came right back on so unplugged battery and when i plugged batter in started vehicle and code came back with in 10 seconds of start up. now what.

you need a new vtec oil pressure switch, but the first thing i would do is clean the vtec solenoid filter...some pics are below that show which switch needs to be replaced and how to get to the filter, i would clean the filter than reset the light and see if it comes back on, if it doesnt than you know a clogged filter was the problem, if it does than replace that switch which is located on the pass side of the head in the back

the letter B is the filter

ephatch member
    right on will try that as soon as i get the chance. do you know the part number for the vtec pressure switch. 37250-PNE-G01 SWITCH ASSY., VALVE TIMING OILPRESSURE is that it...got that part number from majestic honda website (illustraion)...and if the car is still safe to drive like this till i can check it and possibly get the part in.

yea that sounds about right and i would just drive the car easy or as little as possible until you fix it

ephatch member
    Will be doing this tomorrow when I get out of work. what do I use to clean the screen?

I wouldn't use anything caustic to rubber (since the screen is part of the rubber seal), so carb cleaner/brake cleaner is probably out. I would take an old toothbrush and some dish washing soap and gently scrub.
    When I cleaned the IACV screen on my Accord I read where someone got carb cleaner on the rubber seal and it caused it to swell (ruined it) so I'm always careful...

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    you need a new vtec oil pressure switch, but the first thing i would do is clean the vtec solenoid filter...some pics are below that show which switch needs to be replaced and how to get to the filter, i would clean the filter than reset the light and see if it comes back on, if it doesnt than you know a clogged filter was the problem, if it does than replace that switch which is located on the pass side of the head in the back

the letter B is the filter

Well stripped the bottom right bolt but ended up getting it off screen was super clean, so I went to my parts guy at tha dealership bought tha whole assembly for 50 bux just my luck he had it in stock but did not have the bolt I stripped so I will be searching for one tomorrow.....but I had another question what is that part directly under vtec assembly that has a like a point in ur 1st picture? I noticed mine look diff than that like it's broken or something.

well that could definitely be your problem than because that is the oil pressure sender

letter H in these pics, thanks to talonxracer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information