Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lost on what next

well guys i can beleive im saying this but i want more power already, but i think im at the a3's limits. i was contemplating the ivtec killer setup on the a3 but i think it would pop as it would make over 300whp. but what a bout a swap? should i do a k20a2 mated to my 5 speed or a k24a1 vtec killer setup? opinions are welcome
    Last edited by Tortoise; 12-09-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Have you ported your TB yet?
    Ported and cleaned up the SC manifold?
    Port-matched inlet to TB?
    Done research on who your gonna send the SC to clean it up? Maybe port and clean up inside the Eaton unit?
    What about changing your cams to a SC Stage2? Less boost... but you'll put less stress on the motor and gain some power while your at it too.
    You add some meth?
    Change your CP pulley?
    You look into getting a more "custom" header like say a SSR or Hytech?
    What about exhaust, you running a 3"?
    Injen RSX-S CAI on that puppy or custom 3" for that matter?
    Could always swap out the JR header to a RSX-S and run an aftercooler.

just giving you some ideas that are easier to do than to swap the engine out. I haven't been following your recent activities so some of the above mentions items you've probably already done.
    Last edited by Kerby; 01-01-2011 at 07:21 PM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Turbo

Makin it rain
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Turbo
    yes

Forget turbo, k24a2 with cooling.

You never even ran it at the track yet post some times first. But look into swapping parts to the RSX JR manifold. Or k24a2 and Twin Screw it!

Makin it rain
    Vrooooooooooommmm PSHHHHHHH you won't ! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    Have you ported your TB yet?
    Ported and cleaned up the SC manifold?
    Port-matched inlet to TB?
    Done research on who your gonna send the SC to clean it up? Maybe port and clean up inside the Eaton unit?
    What about changing your cams to a SC Stage2? Less boost... but you'll put less stress on the motor and gain some power while your at it too.
    You add some meth?
    Change your CP pulley?
    You look into getting a more "custom" header like say a SSR or Hytech?
    What about exhaust, you running a 3"?
    Injen RSX-S CAI on that puppy or custom 3" for that matter?
    Could always swap out the JR header to a RSX-S and run an aftercooler.

just giving you some ideas that are easier to do than to swap the engine out. I haven't been following your recent activities so some of the above mentions items you've probably already done.
    you have some valid points, i havent ported the TB or the inlet casting yet, nor have i ported the inlet manfold. i have a 2.75" cai and a 3" exhaust with the Kiddracing header, and im running meth with a 10gph nozzle. i am considering a 75mm throttle body and a matched inlet casting. when it comes down to it the blower will be sent to steighmeir for a full rebuild and manifold and blower porting. the only thing im worried about with cam choosing is these engines seem picky to cam choice on a blown setup. when superchargedk20 (original owner of my kit) had the crower stg2's he made 265 on meth at 9psi where i made 261 at 10.9psi without meth. so thats why im worried about making the wrong choice and selecting a cam that i have to rev to the moon. Im wondering if i can get the A3 to hold up to the vtec killer setup

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    Forget turbo, k24a2 with cooling.
    i like your forget turbo part :) but sadly k24a2's are pricey, amazing nonetheless, you have the jrsc k24a2 setup right? i want speedo vids please :)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    You never even ran it at the track yet post some times first. But look into swapping parts to the RSX JR manifold. Or k24a2 and Twin Screw it!
    haha nooo i havent tracked it yet. its pointless on street tires, im either running 24" slicks or 26" mickey thompson drag radials at the track once my clutch goes in. im hoping for a 12 second timeslip. i want to be in JRSC A2/Z1 territory
    Last edited by EnJaNir; 12-09-2008 at 11:22 AM.

hmmm, maybe ivtec killer with A2 cams and change the 3.8 out to the 4.0 to remove a little boost for less stress on the engine? i'd do type-s springs/retainers and if the bottom end goes just swap the A3 head on my K24 block im building

Ditch the bitch! Swap it and turbo and be done with it!

k24a2's arent that expensive considering how much you spend on everything for your car so far, you can find them for $1800 or less with like 40k miles on them

turbopooooo

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    hmmm, maybe ivtec killer with A2 cams and change the 3.8 out to the 4.0 to remove a little boost for less stress on the engine? i'd do type-s springs/retainers and if the bottom end goes just swap the A3 head on my K24 block im building
    forget that shit dude my friend up over here in norcal is runnning stock k20a2/k24a1 s/c frank pushing almost 350hp and crazy amount of torque ... imagine with your cooling system what you could push on all stock. i think he has the same skeletor pulley as you, but you have the advantage of your 3" exhaust still so maybe think about it? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    forget that shit dude my friend up over here in norcal is runnning stock k20a2/k24a1 s/c frank pushing almost 350hp and crazy amount of torque ... imagine with your cooling system what you could push on all stock. i think he has the same skeletor pulley as you, but you have the advantage of your 3" exhaust still so maybe think about it? haha
    waittt think about what you confused me a little haha

ok i have a new 1/2 setup in mind coming soon haha OBX 74mm throttle body, matched inlet casting, 3" header collector, and 14gph Meth nozzle :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information