Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Im a big fan of the V12's also. They are a good tire to use for a DD. Good treadwear and temp ratings. Are they gonna be year round tires? Or jus your summers.

I love my General Exclaim 225/45/17. It's holding up to my power level quite well, and it has a long treadwear. It also handles well in the wet. The only negative thing is the sidewall is a bit soft so there is a bit more movement in the corners compared to my 225/45/16 KDW2. Other than that, it's a great tire for DD. I have about 13+K miles on it with the 450+whp. The tires are still fairly quiet, and there are still a good amount of thread on them even with full boost every time I drive my car.
    General gets my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    One more vote for the Hankook EVO V12's. I'm running them right now in a 225/45/17 and haven't had any issue in the rain. I think with a 235 you'd rub unless you were running tons of negative camber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    Well another vote for Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's i am running them on my wheels 225/45/17. They grip in the rain dry arnt noisy and help out a lot in cornering. I also have the Falken 912's on my stockies 205/55/16 they are good dd tires in that size.
    i haven't looked at these yet. i'll try checking the pricing again thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by ElHeffe View Post
    Im a big fan of the V12's also. They are a good tire to use for a DD. Good treadwear and temp ratings. Are they gonna be year round tires? Or jus your summers.
    they're going to be my year round tires until i get a second set of wheels

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    I love my General Exclaim 225/45/17. It's holding up to my power level quite well, and it has a long treadwear. It also handles well in the wet. The only negative thing is the sidewall is a bit soft so there is a bit more movement in the corners compared to my 225/45/16 KDW2. Other than that, it's a great tire for DD. I have about 13+K miles on it with the 450+whp. The tires are still fairly quiet, and there are still a good amount of thread on them even with full boost every time I drive my car.
    General gets my vote!
    i have seen your opinion on these tires before and i've read many great reviews on tirerack.com on the generals, so i'm leaning towards these but now i'm going to take a look at the hankooks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    i have seen your opinion on these tires before and i've read many great reviews on tirerack.com on the generals, so i'm leaning towards these but now i'm going to take a look at the hankooks
    That's where I usually go for reviews. It's too bad they don't carry all the major brands.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBallZ View Post
    That's where I usually go for reviews. It's too bad they don't carry all the major brands.
    i know right it'd be a great source of information for car guys like us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information