Close

what motor mounts do i need?

ok i have the k20a3 in right now plan on droping in a k24a1 in the by summer if all goes well, here is my problem all my motor mounts are tearing and im noticing it starting pretty bad.

ok with all that being said what motor mounts should i get if i plan on not making more that 300hp and when i do finaly drop my k24a1 will i to use all of them still?

i would go with the innovative or simply go with motor mount inserts from energy suspension. You will also need a k24 side bracket from a crv.

I think this could work
    http://www.clubrsx.com/clubep3/PRR-P800B.html

how do you know your mounts are torn?

pm talon x racer for the specific hardnesses that you should use he's like our resident expert

Quote Originally Posted by chiwhitesi View Post
    how do you know your mounts are torn?

pm talon x racer for the specific hardnesses that you should use he's our resident expert
    If you inspect them, you'll see lines for tears. It wont be all the sides of the mount all the time, sometimes it just takes one tear on one side of the rubber, between the holes of our stock mounts. reference to the first picture, this is basically what our stock rubber mounts look like.
    http://www.kseries-tech.com/forums/v....php?f=16&t=57

also, fixed your post.

As far as I am concerned there is only one decent motor mount being made, that is the AVID EP3 mounts. They will work perfectly fine with your planned K24 swap.

Use a mixed hardness, 70A on the pass side, and 60a on the drivers and rear mount(though i prefer a 53a for the rear), the front mount can be either stock or a WindoWeld filled stockie.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    As far as I am concerned there is only one decent motor mount being made, that is the AVID EP3 mounts. They will work perfectly fine with your planned K24 swap.

Use a mixed hardness, 70A on the pass side, and 60a on the drivers and rear mount(though i prefer a 53a for the rear), the front mount can be either stock or a WindoWeld filled stockie.

Quote Originally Posted by talonxracer View Post
    as far as i am concerned there is only one decent motor mount being made, that is the avid ep3 mounts. They will work perfectly fine with your planned k24 swap.

Use a mixed hardness, 70a on the pass side, and 60a on the drivers and rear mount(though i prefer a 53a for the rear), the front mount can be either stock or a windoweld filled stockie.

x2!!!

Thread Information