Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

best exhaust for you ep3

im having a hard time on deciding what exhaust i want for my ep does anyone have experience with any aftermarket exhausts including pros and cons thank you

nope, no one on here uses aftermarket exhausts...

there are many exhausts in different sizes and noise levels, we need a lot more information from you to help you pick an exhaust...
    how much are you willing to spend, what mods do you have now and what are you planning on doing in the future...for n/a you need the smallest exhaust diameter for the power output to maintain exhaust velocity, with a supercharger you want to run about 2.5 but no bigger, smaller might limit hp...for turbo you need to go bigger on the exhaust...

there are plenty of threads in this section you posted in already covering exhausts, please search and read whats already been posted, THEN you should ask our opinions on a few different exhausts for your application

since you are new, i suggest reading these two stickied threads if you havnt already...i also suggest next time using the search function since this has been covered many times...

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...E-READ-Q-amp-A

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...nd-Forum-Rules
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

im n/a now i have a cheap after market exhaust that was on the car when i bought it from the previous owner i dont know what axle back or mid pipe i have and i dont know what headers i have all i know is they are shorty and for some reason my posts dont count i was looking into the skunk2 mega power exhaust with a test pipe or hight flow cat and looking to spend around $500 instead of keeping my ebay exhaust i want to switch it up and start new im just looking for opinions and options

Quote Originally Posted by ep3hatch03 View Post
    im n/a now i have a cheap after market exhaust that was on the car when i bought it from the previous owner i dont know what axle back or mid pipe i have and i dont know what headers i have all i know is they are shorty and for some reason my posts dont count i was looking into the skunk2 mega power exhaust with a test pipe or hight flow cat and looking to spend around $500 instead of keeping my ebay exhaust i want to switch it up and start new im just looking for opinions and options
    posts only count in certain sections such as discussion and tech...i highly suggest ditching the shorty header eventually, they suck a lot...i also suggest contacting our vendors, they should be able to help you out on the price of the exhaust...if you can run the car without a cat, that will help but you will have to run an o2 sim on the secondary sensor so the car doesnt throw a code...also i suggest for now, get an 2.25" diameter exhaust, that will keep your velocity up and produce the best power
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    posts only count in certain sections such as discussion and tech...i highly suggest ditching the shorty header eventually, they suck a lot...i also suggest contacting our vendors, they should be able to help you out on the price of the exhaust...if you can run the car without a cat, that will help but you will have to run an o2 sim on the secondary sensor so the car doesnt throw a code...
    most new cats have defoulers i was thinking if doing that ive never bought from the venders on here i just go to their section on the thread selection im guessing what will ditching the shorty and going to a race header do i know it deletes the cat and improves airflow but anything else sorry for all the questions just trying to get get opinions and help

most new cats have defoulers i was thinking if doing that ive never bought from the venders on here i just go to their section on the thread selection im guessing what will ditching the shorty and going to a race header do i know it deletes the cat and improves airflow but anything else sorry for all the questions just trying to get get opinions and help
    the shorty does not flow or stage velocities as efficiently, a proper race header will produce twice the power of a shorty if not more...the best bang for your buck right now would be a kid krusher header, or whatever its called, a 2.25" midpipe that corresponds to the header (if the raceheader is type s/type r, buy a type s/type r specific midpipe...for usdm ep3 header, usdm ep3 midpipe...only difference is length off the header and midpipe...no fitment issues, though you may need a secondary o2 extension for a type s/type r spec header)...a type s midpipe would work fine, or megan...just find one that bolts up and is the right diameter...then get yourself an oem axle back...that would be the most bang for your buck and you would get the header in which will produce more power...

NOW, as for the vendors, just PM them once you find what you want to buy and from whom...you give them your information and paypal them the agreed upon price
    my ep is white...

I like my Skunk2 Megapower R 70mm

Quote Originally Posted by civictype_r04 View Post
    I like my Skunk2 Megapower R 70mm
    ya, but you also have an air compactor hooked up to your motor
    my ep is white...

thanks man i was looking into getting a spoon n1 style axle back and ill see what mm my mid pipe is now once i get my exhaust off and ive heard good things about the kidd race headers they are basically the same as the ssr's so i might try to ge the kidd header use my mid pipe if its the right mm and the spoon n1 for now

i have a dc race header with no cat. stock modded airbox with a spoon filter and skunk2 megapower exhaust and i love it.if i could afford the skunk2 mega power header of kid racing one i would get one of them. ive always prefered skunk2 because of their NA cars. theyve paid alot of attention to doin that until recently theyve ventured into boost but. skunk2 just makes good shit imo.

thanks man i was looking into getting a spoon n1 style axle back and ill see what mm my mid pipe is now once i get my exhaust off and ive heard good things about the kidd race headers they are basically the same as the ssr's so i might try to ge the kidd header use my mid pipe if its the right mm and the spoon n1 for now
    the spoon n1 sounds fantastic, i highly recommend it
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by black05ep View Post
    i have a dc race header with no cat. stock modded airbox with a spoon filter and skunk2 megapower exhaust and i love it.if i could afford the skunk2 mega power header of kid racing one i would get one of them. ive always prefered skunk2 because of their NA cars. theyve paid alot of attention to doin that until recently theyve ventured into boost but. skunk2 just makes good shit imo.
    i want ksunk2 just because of their products and they have the parts to back their name up now thats 70mm right ? i know the mega power r is i just dont think id have enough done to my car to utilize the 70mm piping to the best ability i just have a short ram aem v2 intake

I'm running a buddyclub prospec catback with no header and I'm pretty much very very very happy with it. It's LOUD as hell no matter what, even with the silencer in it. So it's definitely not for the faint of heart or people that are afraid of the police. I got it for under $300 here on EPHATCH classifieds section. You should check out that section for sure.

ya, but you also have an air compactor hooked up to your motor
    true haha

the spoon n1 sounds fantastic, i highly recommend it
    Same here it sounds amazing!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information