Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What goes good with H&R Springs...

Im wondering what you guys give me as opinions on me dropping my car. I have springs the H&R springs for the 02-03 ep3. Im dropping it soon but i would like to know what is a good set up. Struts (Brands) The whole shebangs etc... Plus I am not 100% sure what I need other then springs and struts for lowering my ep. Thanks in advance as well on taking your time in reading this. I very much so gladly appreciate it.

Last edited by SkareKrow; 01-09-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Adding pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SkareKrow View Post
    Im wondering what you guys give me as opinions on me dropping my car. I have springs the H&R springs for the 02-03 ep3. Im dropping it soon but i would like to know what is a good set up. Struts (Brands) The whole shebangs etc... Plus I am not 100% sure what I need other then springs and struts for lowering my ep. Thanks in advance as well on taking your time in reading this. I very much so gladly appreciate it.
    buy a rear camber kit, buy lower control arms, buy some sweet wheels, get some hot bitches. then your life should be all you desire

and get it aligned
    Last edited by ep3jd; 01-09-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: oh

I suggest either koni or bilstein...also buy a camber kit for the rear, you don't need one for the front but if you want, get camber bolts for the front too...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Get some Tokico D-Specs and a good camber kit also don't forget an alingnment man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    buy a rear camber kit, buy lower control arms, buy some sweet wheels, get some hot bitches. then your life should be all you desire

and get it aligned
    Lol @ the females part. Already Married but thank you for the suggestion. Already got some decent wheels (Konig Bronze Helium). I think I might post a pic up of my ride. Been here a while and havent posted one yet. What brand of lower control arms and also what brand for the rear camber kit?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    I suggest either koni or bilstein...also buy a camber kit for the rear, you don't need one for the front but if you want, get camber bolts for the front too...
    I was thinking of Koni but they only make the Yellows for us ep'ers. I will mos def look into bilstein, also what brand of camber kit for the rear would be good. and also is there any brand for front camber bolts as well as what kind of bars would I need for the rest of the suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by civictype_r04 View Post
    Get some Tokico D-Specs and a good camber kit also don't forget an alingnment man!!!
    Ill look into Tokico D-Specs, Thank you for replying though with an opinion for me. and What kind of brand on the camber kit would be good?

Thank you all again for replying so quick just a few more things. I might be doing this myself as well with a buddy of mine thats on here.

I was thinking of Koni but they only make the Yellows for us ep'ers. I will mos def look into bilstein, also what brand of camber kit for the rear would be good. and also is there any brand for front camber bolts as well as what kind of bars would I need for the rest of the suspension?
    whats wrong with the yellows? they are fantastic dampeners...any rear camber kit will work, just go with one from our vendors, just dont buy off brand stuff from ebay...with the camber bolts, again same thing, you can even get them from honda...as for bars, theres nothing else, dont waste money on strut bars they really dont do anything...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

whats wrong with the yellows? they are fantastic dampeners...any rear camber kit will work, just go with one from our vendors, just dont buy off brand stuff from ebay...with the camber bolts, again same thing, you can even get them from honda...as for bars, theres nothing else, dont waste money on strut bars they really dont do anything...
    For sure. On the Koni Yellows. I'll think about getting those again. I just dont want anything OEM, I rather have Aftermarket suspension. Im going to look at the vendors right now for the camber kit. Thanks again RedSiBaron! Appreciate it. Very much!

For sure. On the Koni Yellows. I'll think about getting those again. I just dont want anything OEM, I rather have Aftermarket suspension. Im going to look at the vendors right now for the camber kit. Thanks again RedSiBaron! Appreciate it. Very much!
    no problem! plus the thing about konis is you are going to have to spend some serious cash to beat their dampening performance (or buy bilstein, they are even better dampening), plus they are very very very consistently built...on the shock dyno they will read the same, tokicos, tein, kyb wont match, even from the same production run
    my ep is white...

Question

no problem! plus the thing about konis is you are going to have to spend some serious cash to beat their dampening performance (or buy bilstein, they are even better dampening), plus they are very very very consistently built...on the shock dyno they will read the same, tokicos, tein, kyb wont match, even from the same production run
    Ahh. I understand. Thank you very much for the info. So what is better if you dont mind me asking? That is my deepest interest now. Billstein Vs. Koni.

Plus i also posted up some pics of my ride (I edited original post and htmled them in there). just took them maybe 15 mins ago from my phone.
    Also for camber kit what do you recommend. I found this one on SSR.

T1R BMAX REAR CAMBER KIT - EP3
    http://www.speedstar-racing.com/stor...ea88b079422902

Thanks again also.

Ahh. I understand. Thank you very much for the info. So what is better if you dont mind me asking? That is my deepest interest now. Billstein Vs. Koni.

Plus i also posted up some pics of my ride (I edited original post and htmled them in there). just took them maybe 15 mins ago from my phone.
    Also for camber kit what do you recommend. I found this one on SSR.

T1R BMAX REAR CAMBER KIT - EP3
    http://www.speedstar-racing.com/stor...ea88b079422902

Thanks again also.
    bilsteins are arguably better than koni, but will cost you a lot more, i think the bilsteins have a lifetime warranty

those t1rs are nice, i am definitely considering buying those for my car since my hotchkis camber kit is very old at this point
    my ep is white...

Question

bilsteins are arguably better than koni, but will cost you a lot more, i think the bilsteins have a lifetime warranty

those t1rs are nice, i am definitely considering buying those for my car since my hotchkis camber kit is very old at this point
    Are these the bilsteins you are talking about.

36mm Monotube Strut Assembly (click for more info)

(35-114260) MSRP: $472.00
    Setting: B8 Sport (SP)
    Old Part Number: F4-VE3-B426-H0;F4-VE3-B426-H1
    Drive Type: FWD
    Drive Type: AWD
    Drive Type: RWD
    Drive Type: 4WD
    Position: Front Right

36mm Monotube Strut Assembly (click for more info)

(35-114253) MSRP: $472.00
    Setting: B8 Sport (SP)
    Old Part Number: F4-VE3-B425-H0;F4-VE3-B425-H1
    Position: Front Left

46mm Monotube Shock Absorber (click for more info)

(24-114240) MSRP: $166.00
    Setting: B6 Heavy Duty (HD)
    Old Part Number: F4-BE5-B424-H1
    Position: Rear

I went to the bilsteinus.com site and i just put my car info. 02/Honda/Civic Si2.0L/All types of Drive.
    And that is what came up. Im wondering if that is what you are talking about and what are the differences between those. Thanks very much Im trying to learn thanks again for helping me RedSiBaron. Plus the good thing is that the Bilstein it says were made in germany and my H&R's are German made. Thanks again. Appreciate it any other help would be glad. Specially since My wife doesnt want me dropping the car unless it is going to be safely done etc... With the correct Aftermarket parts.

I got the Skunk2 Camber kit and like it a lot!!
    Last edited by skep18; 12-11-2008 at 01:10 PM.

What goes good with H&R Springs...

...homefries and toast, of course.

I know it's been said, but alignment is your friend no matter what you choose. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by civictype_r04 View Post
    I got the Skunk2 Camber kit and like it a lot!!
    Really? Thanks for the opinion I'm going to look into it. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ace of spades View Post
    What goes good with H&R Springs...

...homefries and toast, of course.

I know it's been said, but alignment is your friend no matter what you choose. good luck.
    Lol thanks again for the friendly reminder on getting an alignment.

Any other opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks very much so!

I agree about the Tokico D-specs. I have them and love them. They are adjustable and work well with the spring rate. The first things you will need are the camber kits though. I know its been said but we will say it again. Its that important. Enjoy the H&Rs. They have a great feel. Also, check the threads on how to set the suspension. You will want to have more negative camber in the front but less stiffness. The Tokico's come with a guide for proper front wheel and rear wheel settings to get the best results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information