Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: key programming

keyless entry has the FCCID on the back:

OUCG8D-344H-A
    PSN: theehuggybear

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    keyless entry has the FCCID on the back:

OUCG8D-344H-A
    i know its on the back but i dont have the original honda key fob. my car didnt come with it when i bought it. how would i find out what mine is ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    anyone have a pix of a keyless entry taken apart for our cars?

got a link to the Ridgeline fob you found?
    First, there really is no "Take apart" guide for our keys, more like "cut apart". The rubber "bow" (the part that you grab onto, lol, had to look that up on wikipedia just now) must be cut apart, and the key is destroyed in the process. That's why you should really get a cheap chipkey on ebay that has the right chip for your car, and don't even bother having that cut. As for the fob, just pop out the battery and pry it apart at the edge.

The Ridgeline fob I found in a thread on here actually. Apparently the fob part number is 35111-SHJ-305 and the FCCID number is OUCG8D-380H-A. Yes, it's different than ours, but according to this thread the ridgeline remote works. If you search for that FCCID on ebay, you come up with plenty for around $30-$40. Here's a link to an ebay page for the keyfob unit. Again, the RFID chip will have to be replaced for it to work, but the remote should work.

UPDATE: I can confirm that any remote with the FCCID number of OUCG8D-380H-A works for our cars. Just got mine in the mail today for 23 bucks shipped! Waiting for the cheap chipkey that I ordered to show up, and then I'll head to the dealership eventually and get them cut and programmed. I'm probably gonna do a detailed guide on how to piece these things together anyway, but would anyone be interested in the guide? Should work the same for switchblade keys too.

Also, I believe the transponder type for our car is 3D-T5, I'll confirm when I have the key in hand and programmed. Super pumped about this, it'll be great having to carry half as much stuff in my pocket.

How do you reprogram one for a 03 EP3?
    What is the FCC# for one or would I have to look in the car on the unit for the code?

So, by reprogram, I'm going to assume you mean just the remote part. To do that, all you have to do is follow this guide:

Quote Originally Posted by martmann
    To program the remotes:

Except where noted, time between steps should not exceed 4 seconds. You may push either the lock or unlock button. Use the same remote for steps 1-13.

Step 1: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
    Step 2: Push remote lock button
    Step 3: Turn ignition switch off

Step 4: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
    Step 5: Push remote lock button
    Step 6: Turn ignition switch off

Step 7: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
    Step 8: Push remote lock button
    Step 9: Turn ignition switch off

Step 10: Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
    Step 11: Push remote lock button
    Step 12: Confirm that you hear the door locks move

Step 13: Within 8 seconds, press the 1st remote lock button
    Step 14: Confirm that you hear the door locks move

Step 15: Within 8 seconds, press the 2nd remote lock button
    Step 16: Confirm that you hear the door locks move

Step 17: Within 8 seconds, press the 3rd remote lock button
    Step 18: Confirm that you hear the door locks move

Step 19: Turn ignition OFF, and remove key.
    Step 20: Confirm that your keyless remotes now work.

Note: To program only one remote, skip steps 15-18. To program only two remotes, skip steps 17 and 18.
    As for the FCCID, different models of remote have different FCCID numbers. To find the FCCID you just have to look at the label on the back of the remote fob. There is no FCCID on anything in the car that tells you what remote will work. To explain, I took a gamble that this remote would work with our cars, and just sorta bought it and hoped. There's no system or code to find out whether a given model of remote will work with our car other than just buy it and test it. I'd just heard a rumor that the Accord/CR-V/Ridgeline remote would work with our keyless entry and luckily I was right. Maybe everyone with a different FCCID than OUCG8D-380H-A or OUCG8D-344H-A could post up their code so that we could build up a list of replacement remotes that work?

Anyway, does that answer your question?

P.S. to get a key reprogrammed so that it will turn your car on you have to take it to the dealer, or a locksmith that programs chipkeys.
    Last edited by eccramer; 03-26-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    So, by reprogram, I'm going to assume you mean just the remote part. To do that, all you have to do is follow this guide:

As for the FCCID, different models of remote have different FCCID numbers. To find the FCCID you just have to look at the label on the back of the remote fob. There is no FCCID on anything in the car that tells you what remote will work. To explain, I took a gamble that this remote would work with our cars, and just sorta bought it and hoped. There's no system or code to find out whether a given model of remote will work with our car other than just buy it and test it. I'd just heard a rumor that the Accord/CR-V/Ridgeline remote would work with our keyless entry and luckily I was right. Maybe everyone with a different FCCID than OUCG8D-380H-A or OUCG8D-344H-A could post up their code so that we could build up a list of replacement remotes that work?

Anyway, does that answer your question?

P.S. to get a key reprogrammed so that it will turn your car on you have to take it to the dealer, or a locksmith that programs chipkeys.
    Thanks Man!

Cool, glad I could help.

I found a fob on CL it's OUCG8D-344H-A would this work?

Quote Originally Posted by CivicSier View Post
    I found a fob on CL it's OUCG8D-344H-A would this work?
    Yep, that's actually exactly our remote. The FCCID for the remotes that come WITH our cars is OUCG8D-344H-A so it will work. Go for it dude.

NICE! Thanks again!

ephatch member
    At Cerritos Honda, they had my key cut and programmed for $30, with a free car wash.

Renton Honda in Washington gave me a quote of free for cut and program if I brought a key in from the internets. Granted, no free carwash, but still, that's not a bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by eccramer View Post
    Renton Honda in Washington gave me a quote of free for cut and program if I brought a key in from the internets. Granted, no free carwash, but still, that's not a bad price.
    Not a bad deal.

Ok the $22 CL find OUCG8D-344H-A key fob worked 100%. I wish the hatch button worked though...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information