Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siborg View Post
    I put my stock axles back in after I got tired of the vibration from the 2.9's. Sent them back to be replaced/fixed. re-installed, vibration was less but still bothered me so stock axles it is....Huge waste for the price in my opinion. Axle splines are different between type-s and ep3/base rsx, so you will need to change hubs unless you have a type-s 5 lug conversion already.
    Is it possible to just change the outer spline instead of the hub?

what should i look for when i buy a used type s axles and hub
    is there a way to see if the axles are no good?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

ok so im thinking aout getting the AEM UEGO a/f guage, AEM oil pressure gauge and AEM boost 35 pis gauge
    my question is, where do you guys put these. Is there a nice location where it can look oem. The one's I've seen so far looks out of place. Definitely don't like the ones on the pillar, thats just too much eye candy for the popos...any ideas? pics would be great...

-King Solomon

Check out my build thread: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...urnal-of-an-Si)

Towards the end there are pics of my mounted gauge that you can look at for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    i didnt read this whole thread, too much rumor.

All you'll NEED for 400whp is injectors, get dw 1000s, intank walbro or the dw pump. 3+ map sensor, boost controller, exhaust, clutch, dont expect stage 4 to last long on 400. for a rats nest engine bay a vac block will help clean it up a bit, but if you really want it to look good tap the bottom of the im. Gauges, get at least a boost gauge, if you get a af gauge get a wideband or you can monitor af on your cpu. you will also need some vac line..

toda tct is a joke
    you dont need a return for that power. and if you do, you definitely dont also need a inline pump or a second fuel filter.
    No you CANT run a jdm rebar and you will need to cut the bumper and cant run fogs.
    for your exhaust you will need to mod the cb to mate up, fr dp is v-band, that exhaust is 3bolt and i think its reduced to 2.5 where is bolts up anyways.
    run a TRUE 3in kteller set up with a muffer of your liking or no muffler at all like someone i know
    you do not need a fuel rail.
    you do not need axles, it took me a shit load of lunches on slick with a twin disk making 500+whp to break a stockie. now i have type s axles and they are even stronger.. stronger then those dss axles too.
    if you want to really rack up that credit card get some straight cut gears, cause they will break more then anything else over 400whp

edit: oh and those are good plugs, gap them down a bit though
    What he said. Don't pay attention to all these guys on here trying to get you to buy a bunch of shit you don't need. I would listen to people that have actually done it, and made the power, rather than all the guys that read magazines and forums to tell you what to do. If your stock timing setup has decent mileage (low) than don't replace it. Maybe do the Hybrid tct, but that's just a safeguard. Buy the gt35 turbo kit, as it is probably more complete, and judging from the turbo number with that full race kit, more responsive. I wouldnt buy axles until you start breaking them, until then, you are fixing shit that isnt broke, and spending big money in the process. Get an a/f gauge, and a boost gauge, in the defi brand. On the fuel pump issue, try to get what you can with 1000cc injectors, and an in tank pump. If you run out of fuel while tuning, THEN upgrade. People always try to get you to buy shit you don't need.
    Last edited by sleepy ep3; 01-18-2011 at 06:48 PM.

yea dont buy stuff u dont need. check out stubbys ride. should follow his setup. no need buyin this and that. keep us updated. im plannin on doin sidewinder setup so i mite see what u do so dont get expensive :)

tnx guys
    appreciate the input
    the spending has gotten out of hand already but I was just trying to pay more now and less later on...but yeah i dropped some things like axles, and valvetrain springs and retainers, even the HR tensioner
    I dropped for now...

Turbo arriving friday afternoon, will post pics then ep going under the knife over the weekend but probably wont be entirely done with the bay until March....lots of plans for her

-King Solomon

So I know that I will be getting a boost gauge with control
    but I am not sure if I really need an A/F gauge
    If I get a good tune, will I still need to monitor this? shouldnt this be taken cared of with a good tune.

I just dont like the look of too many gauges in the car, looks gey...
    I just want a single gauge on the steering column
    Im getting one custom made...

-King Solomon

You can set the lean protection on hondata.. that will cut the throttle faster than you can let off the gas. Honestly with 400hp your not going to looking at an a/f guage, your going to be trying to keep your car in a strait line.

So yes with a good tune it should be just fine, you can always hook up your lap top and do a datalog now and then to keep it in check.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urthworm View Post
    You can set the lean protection on hondata.. that will cut the throttle faster than you can let off the gas. Honestly with 400hp your not going to looking at an a/f guage, your going to be trying to keep your car in a strait line.

So yes with a good tune it should be just fine, you can always hook up your lap top and do a datalog now and then to keep it in check.
    true story... i did the same shit.. my tuner is trusted so all i really ran was a boost guage and i set lean protection to 15:1 for 0.250 secs.. next time i do my turbo build im gonna run Tunerview

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    true story... i did the same shit.. my tuner is trusted so all i really ran was a boost guage and i set lean protection to 15:1 for 0.250 secs.. next time i do my turbo build im gonna run Tunerview
    im thinking about getting the tunerview RD1 and since i dont have a radio at all I was gonna place it in that spot
    but Im not sure if there is an option for boost on this thing

-King Solomon

ephatch member
    like I posted in the other thread. There is an option, all you do is select the MAP sensor and make a gauge from that.

Ok folks tnx for all the help
    Just bought all the parts that I need for this build
    She goes under tomorrow
    Timeline is 2 months
    Got the Tunerview rd1
    A lot cheaper n cleaner than having the aem gauges that I liked

-King Solomon

that tunerview looks interesting. gonna get an electronic boost controller too...would look super cool :)

Quote Originally Posted by madlorglk View Post
    Ok folks tnx for all the help
    Just bought all the parts that I need for this build
    She goes under tomorrow
    Timeline is 2 months
    Got the Tunerview rd1
    A lot cheaper n cleaner than having the aem gauges that I liked
    Damn man, you moved quick! subscribing to this thing :D
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information