Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    first thread you posted, the setup was used on a dynopack, which give higher numbers than usual. I am done arguing with you because you are simply not willing to understand the facts. Yes 3 inch exhausts are used for F/I because of the fact that the high speed and pressure of the exhaust gasses is better expelled and more effieciently through a larger pipe. 2.5 pipes are perfect for N/A builds. Do some research instead of just googling stuff and posting it. Kthxbye

hahaha so good

what about the other 100 links i posted? cant argue dyno's from 8 different cars loser

http://dynos.evans-tuning.com/2010/1...whp177tq-kpro/
    Last edited by RHCP0801; 01-19-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    first thread you posted, the setup was used on a dynopack, which give higher numbers than usual. I am done arguing with you because you are simply not willing to understand the facts. Yes 3 inch exhausts are used for F/I because of the fact that the high speed and pressure of the exhaust gasses is better expelled and more effieciently through a larger pipe. 2.5 pipes are perfect for N/A builds. Do some research instead of just googling stuff and posting it. Kthxbye
    you sir, are really dumb. foreal.

go read some engine section. go register at the other forums and read about k24a2 swaps. they average 200 with just kpro tuning and stock manifolds and piping, then average 220+/- with bolt ons.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    you sir, are really dumb. foreal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520
    1:25 mark

that is all lol. I know k24a2's silly

doesnt seem like you do at all

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520
    1:25 mark

that is all lol. I know k24a2's silly
    i hate to keep adding shit to the storm but IMO legit links with dyno numbers>your word. sorry

lol i thought i got antione roll'd, then i realized what happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_k_engine#K24A2
    Here, it does say it maps 200hp @ crank, which is, if we give 10% drivetrain loss, 180whp.

as we already know, honda likes to run these engines with gimmiky conservative tunes to help prolong the life of the engine.

example, the stock calibration on my kpro for an a3, will dump enough fuel to hit the 11.5 AFR @ WOT. not optimal. at all.

more power can be made by fixing that. and with the motor built like the k24a2, 20hp is pretty fair, maybe even a little high, for stock air flow.

throw an RBC, 3" CAI, R/H, 2.5-3" piping, you can def see 215hp easy. 45* cam angle mod, and 91-93 oct, and i can def believe 220-230 numbers on this engine.

If I wasn't boosting mine, i'd def put up a bolt on dyno sheet of it when it was done.

Christ you guys are talking peanuts here!

your mouth is a peanut!
    jk, but seriously...
    http://www.hondata.com/tuning_the_tsx.html

about 1/3 the way down, dyno type sheet.

its so unfortunate that it takes forever to tune a tsx ecu.
    Last edited by AKEP; 01-21-2011 at 01:13 AM.

ephatch member
    Kids... Can we all just get along? Lol....

I think I made up my mind... S/C first... N if the k20a3 go boom then step up to k24a2...

I'll go with rotrex since only a handful have use them... Shooting for April... Birthday present... Hehe

I will be going qith the s/c also. Like you i will just swap the motor when it goes boom. pm me when you get it set up and let me know how it goes!

ephatch member
    Exchanged a few emails with Jei @ blacktrax about kraftwerk rotrex super charging the A3... He told me to rest assure, with an efficient rotrex at 10psi should produce about 100-120whp... That's music to my ears... Exactly where I want my whp goal to be for autox n track day...

Can't hardly wait till late march-april

...so would SC'ing an A3 w/200k+ miles be bad, ya think?

Seriously though, been thinking about it, thought I'd post up in a "high-mileage" thread and get some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by udontknowjack View Post
    Exchanged a few emails with Jei @ blacktrax about kraftwerk rotrex super charging the A3... He told me to rest assure, with an efficient rotrex at 10psi should produce about 100-120whp... That's music to my ears... Exactly where I want my whp goal to be for autox n track day...

Can't hardly wait till late march-april
    Just keep in mind that you can't swap any k24 legally in California and the only CARB approved forced induction system is the JRSC street kit. Just some food for thought if you plan on driving your ep3 on the street still. If you want to make it a dedicated auto-x car and trailer it in your on the right track though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    Just keep in mind that you can't swap any k24 legally in California and the only CARB approved forced induction system is the JRSC street kit. Just some food for thought if you plan on driving your ep3 on the street still. If you want to make it a dedicated auto-x car and trailer it in your on the right track though.
    Sir, I don't mean to undermind your thoughts on legal or illegal k24 swaps but coming from someone (ME) who has had countless run-ins with CHP/CAL STATE REFS; It is absolutley legal to swap a k24 into an EP3 provided it comes with OEM factory smog equipment. I hate to beat a dead horse but the law states the engine has to be from the same MAKE and NEWER year than it's going into. Also it has to be in the same class.. (ie regular, heavyduty, exc). heavy duty is a 1 ton truck so as long as your not taking an engine from a Honda Truck then your good. CRV is not a 1 ton truck and falls into the regular class, as does rsx,TL,accord,exc. If the law has changed in the last year I apologize. Any more info can be obtained here: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information