Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I was in talks with the people from Tegiwa earlier in the year and they said their gruppe-m knock off is going to be slightly modified to fit LHD cars in the near future, I haven't heard anything from them since late summer though, but they are trying to make a LHD compatible one.
    I would excited to see the results of that.
    Last edited by cow; 12-17-2008 at 06:55 AM. Reason: sweet jesus, you quoted the entire first post

I was in talks with the people from Tegiwa earlier in the year and they said their gruppe-m knock off is going to be slightly modified to fit LHD cars in the near future, I haven't heard anything from them since late summer though, but they are trying to make a LHD compatible one.
    Slightly off topic but Tegiwa is like Ebay.co.uk's OBX. They have EVERYTHING.

Is the Injen SP1576 CARB legal?

that gave me some wood

I've heard we can use the AEM intake for the newer si. Since the EP's AEM intake is 2.5" piping and the newer si's AEM intakes are 3"

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    I've heard we can use the AEM intake for the newer si. Since the EP's AEM intake is 2.5" piping and the newer si's AEM intakes are 3"
    UH....I don't think so...unless you modify it big time...Because the bends on the intake maybe different.

You can use the RSX Type-S intake which is 3" diameter.... but I don't know about the new civic si...

You can, but prepare to use the duct tape to tape over (or create a block off plate/weld it) the hole where the MAF sensor is located.....

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ight=si+intake

P.S. I'm not endorsing the use of the duct tape, but I see no issue with creating a block off plate or tig welding it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    You can, but prepare to use the duct tape to tape over (or create a block off plate/weld it) the hole where the MAF sensor is located.....

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ight=si+intake

P.S. I'm not endorsing the use of the duct tape, but I see no issue with creating a block off plate or tig welding it closed.
    hmmm... word. But I thought it was worth to be in this thread since it was never been brought up. It's an option with some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    You can use the RSX Type-S intake which is 3" diameter.... but I don't know about the new civic si...
    does the Type-S intake require any modification? if it doesn't, then there's no use in modifying the new civic si intake

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSi View Post
    does the Type-S intake require any modification? if it doesn't, then there's no use in modifying the new civic si intake
    No it doesn't. The FA5 and FG2 CAI's can be found on ebay (aka ebay Chinese brand) at around $20, so it's a VERY poor man's route to a 3.0" CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    No it doesn't. The FA5 and FG2 CAI's can be found on ebay (aka ebay Chinese brand) at around $20, so it's a VERY poor man's route to a 3.0" CAI.
    I wouldn't go the ebay route. If the RSX Type-S intake is 3" and doesn't require modification like you stated, this would be the way I'd go. Now the question is, is this true for the AEM intake only, or does it apply to other brand intakes as well? Also is it worth it on a K20a3?

awesome info!!

dont forget ssr's new intake box http://www.speedstar-racing.com/stor...89b633e52eff9e

and injen doesnt use k&n filters any more, they use a superior amsoil filter (no oil needed & air flow is improved based on test i found)

that would be really nice :D sounds sexy

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    dont forget ssr's new intake box http://www.speedstar-racing.com/stor...89b633e52eff9e

and injen doesnt use k&n filters any more, they use a superior amsoil filter (no oil needed & air flow is improved based on test i found)
    you need a login to view that link

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up! That makes my recommendations for Injen more positive than than they already were.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information