Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    Hey, I also wanted to ask about weather/water concerns/recommendations for CAIs. Someone else mentioned being in NJ, well I'm in Canada and we have wet springs and snowy winters, anyone up here or the US North west/east have any suggestions for dealing with that? I've seen some filter covers and some DIY splash guards, anything helps, thanks!
    I live in Coquitlam, BC, summit of a plateau. When we get first snow, the "lower" mainland usually don't even have snow yet. I've been running my Injen CAI for few years now and never had problem with it. Didn't use splash guard neither.

I know I am going to have to cut it. I want to know what part exactly is being cut and if it means a piece of the CAI pipe will show in the wheel well.

Does anyone know the part number for the K&N filter for the stock airbox?
    Not sure if its E-2429.

just buy one at the local auto part store. they order it for you and should come in less than 2 days.

With the PWDJDM intake do you have to relocate the battery? I keep getting mixed responses/

I removed a Weapon R intake from my buddies VW last night, that is one terrible filter design, everything about that kit/filter felt incredibly cheap. I think that the Weapon R is a Joke honestly.

I have a Fujita that is cut down to fit inside my engine bay, I had it in the original position in front of the driver side wheel for a long time, but I cut it back to keep the filter inside the engine bay more. The filter doesn't get disgustingly dirty from road grime and tire dirt as easily in there. My filter was nasty every time I took it off. The Fujita, I would also STRONGLY recommend against if your live near a lot of water, it traps a puddle inside the intake duct when it rains heavily. I have heard of people hydro-locking engines due to intakes like this too, another reason I cut it back into the engine bay. I like the Fujita filters better than the K&N filter5s as well, they seem to flow better and dont require any oil or chemicals to clean them.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaEP3 View Post
    With the PWDJDM intake do you have to relocate the battery? I keep getting mixed responses/
    if you do, you could always just get an Odyssey and keep it in that spot, the battery is much much smaller

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    if you do, you could always just get an Odyssey and keep it in that spot, the battery is much much smaller
    So if I use the smaller battery I shouldn't have to relocate it down into the frame?

Bueller?

Sorry lol.

No you dont HAVE to, alot of people just do it for looks, and ease of maintaining things in the engine bay. I have my battery under my passenger seat inside a covered plastic box.

However I drove around for 3 weeks with the Odyssey strapped down in the stock battery location, it looks a little odd, but it was very sturdy.

I have the first gen Injen RD1576 cold air intake which moves the fuse box. The tabs on my box broke a long time ago and I've had it zip tied for years. Does anybody have a better fix for this? I was thinking about using some epoxy to reattach the box to the supplied bracket. Thoughts?

I'm currently looking for the AEM V2 short ram intake. Any locations I could buy one from? New or used.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Check clubrsx I see them a lot there.
    Last edited by Civic5lug; 05-26-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Her-Name's-Ally View Post
    Check clubrsx I see them a lot there.
    this. and ebay if you're feeling lucky
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Last edited by ND2003EP3; 05-14-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Link

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information